Missing Links

I just need some help finding threads/messages on this board. First, I remember one thread in which someone gave instructions on how to do the perfect shoe shine. I have a new pair of shoes and want to start off on the right foot ( no pun intended. ) Second, on some thread ( possibly in the GD forum, but probably here ) someone posted a link to a transcript of Wiley Coyote’s lawsuit against Acme Corp. It was funny as hell, and I can’t find it now. If anyone remembers these ( or posted these messages themselves ) please put up the links here. I would really appreciate it.

“Oh we were brought up on the Space-Race, now they expect us to clean toilets. When you have seen how big the world is how can you make do with this?”
Pulp, “Glory Days”

Coyote vs Acme
http://www.humorcentral.com/humor/hcjoke025.html

Searched google for “coyote+Acme+lawsuit”

That’s not it. The one I saw had the Prosecutor’s argument.

Someone pleeeeeease respond to this!!!

While we’re on the topic of a useless search engine, does anyone know the thread, or have the link for that super duper great character map you can download for your computer? It was posted many months ago, and I lost it off my HD.

NO!!! I refuse to let this thread die! Somewhere out there, someone knows what I am talking about. Somebody posted those things that I mentioned.

And it’s not just me, either. Think of poor Omniscient, sitting all alone, thinking, " O alas, I shall never see that super duper character map again. It was so cool, but now it is lost. Woe is I! " Think about that, next time you ignore this thread! You people ignore all my threads! And when you ignore my threads you don’t just hurt me, you hurt other people, people like Omniscient!

I guess my point is, would someone please respond to this thread? Even if it’s just to mention some missing links of your own? :wink:

Okay, I’m responding. This good enough?

Modest? You bet I’m modest! I am the queen of modesty!

I’ve got one that I’d been considering posting about. Some time ago, in one of the books threads, someone mentioned a vampire book. I forget the title and the author. I remember thinking I’d have to remember which thread it was in so I could go back and write it down, because it sounded like something my sister might like to get for Christmas, but I never did.

So now, I don’t know what book it was and I don’t remember which thread it was in.

Your Official Cat Goddess since 10/20/99.

I’ve been able to dig up a bit of stuff. It takes a desire to find it, a clue as to which forum to check and an idea of either the poster’s name or a word in the thread title.

Set your preferences to show all posts. It’s much easier if you have an idea of about when the thread was last active. Then you just go through all the pages searching for the user or a word from the thread title. Tedious, yes; as I said, premier requirement is a desire to find it.

Presently, this method will take about 30 minutes to go through GQ back to the beginning. An alternate, if you lack a clue as to thread title or OP is to just go back and read thread titles until you find likely subjects. PITA, but you can get there.

ExtendedCharacterMap: http://aritechdev.hypermart.net/ecm.htm

O p a l C a t
www.opalcat.com

For the shoe shine shit try these two links–
http://www.straightdope.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/002299.html http://www.straightdope.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/002158.html

Dopeler effect:
The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.

I thought this thread was about evolution!

We can hijack it. Okay, here goes.

Hey, fool. I know where you can get a great shoeshine. Right there at Citrus Rd and Hickory Ave in your hometown of Jefferson, LA. is a guy with a street stand. Just ask for the Piltdown Man.

See that was easy.

Dopeler effect:

Link, schmink! If you want the entire Wile E. Coyote v Acme transcript, hie yerself off to a bookstore and buy a copy of “Coyote v Acme” by Ian Frazier. Then read the entire thing, Mr Frazier is quite entertaining. Plus, he has written other books as well. You should buy those, too.

Waste
Flick Lives!

. . . would like to thank UncleBeer for finding that. I never would have thought of looking in a thread about shoe polish. I knew that it was a hijacked thread, but couldn’t remember the topic. I’ll remember to look for threads related to whatever I’m looking for from now on.

GLWasteful: So it’s from a book, huh? Alright, I’ll look for it next time I go to a bookstore.

Thank you all of you. You’ve been very helpful. :smiley:

So, we can turn this into an evolution thread now? Is it hijacking if the vehicle has been abandoned? Don’t for get to check for the Piltdown Man for your shoeshines.

Dopeler effect:

Fool- You must learn to relax. And learn to use a search engine. A lycos search of “Wile E Coyote + lawsuit” turned up this: http://www.itr.qc.ca/~mario/acme-law.html

That’s the link I posted before about this.
Enjoy (I think)- check that lithium dosage…things seem a little out of sorts for you…
Zette

A friend is someone who likes you even though you’re as ugly as a hat full of assholes.
Zettecity

So UncleBeer is, in reality, a shoeshine boy?

Damn, I KNEW he just put ENGINEER under “Occupation” to impress the chicks.

Uke

Thanks, Zette. And you’re absolutely right. I’ve been online far too long to not know how to perform a search. Actually, I do know. I’m just a lazy sunofabich.

And I’m not on lithium, or any other drug for that matter. The . . . enthusiasm of my thread-reviving post was a ploy to get people’s attention. And it worked! :smiley:

“Oh we were brought up on the Space-Race, now they expect us to clean toilets. When you have seen how big the world is how can you make do with this?”
Pulp, “Glory Days”

Uke, I only a moonlight as a shoeshine boy to fund my New Orleans vacations. It used to be my dirty little secret. I guess the cat’s out of the bag now.

Dopeler effect:

Unk, I’ll bet you five bucks I can tell you where you got those shoes…

Uke