Missing thread in BBQ Pit forum

Not sure if I’m doing something wrong or not, but the following thread has had recent activity and posts that have been made (including one made just a few moments ago), but for some reason the thread is not shown in the list of threads in the BBQ Pit forum when I select “Latest.”

The only way to find the thread is by link or search:

Butt-Hurt Trump Takes to Twitter Again (Part 2)

Never mind…I figured out the issue, and thought I would post this in case this ever happens to anyone else.

I apparently had inadvertently changed the tracking at the bottom of the thread in question to “Muted,” and when you do this the thread no longer appears in the “Latest” list.

Yes. It’s inconsistent terminology. Muting a post just stops notifications about that poster, but muting a thread is more like blocking a thread.

There isn’t a way to simply not get notifications about replies/mentions in a particular thread without hiding the thread from the forum lists.

You can avoid getting replies in a thread by not posting to it in the first place. :slight_smile:

“Normal”

No, that, as it says, notifies you whenever your post is quoted or replied to, as well as any time your are mentioned (e.g. @SCAdian).

I leave every thread on Normal other than the ones I start, yet I get notifications on every thread I post in, including this one.