How many groups that had a hit song had :

at least 2 men and at least 2 women

The main ones I can think of easily are:

Fleetwood Mac
ABBA
Fifth Dimension
Heart
Mamas and Papas

The Partridge Family had a number one single - I Think I Love You.

The Jets were a group composed of a bunch of brothers and sisters. They had several pop hits in the late '80s.

B-52’s
Sly & the Family Stone
Arcade Fire

Prince & the Revolution

Lush (2 men and 2 women) had a single that rose to #4 on the US Modern Rock chart. I hope this qualifies as a hit.
Lush – Sweetness and Light

By the way, in case you haven’t heard, Lush has gotten back together (minus the late Chris Acland). They are currently touring the US, UK, and Vancouver.

Don’t forget DeBarge, The Jets, and others from the 80’s.

And the Swedish group Ace of Base

Manhattan Transfer
The Cowsills

I didn’t see this the first time around. :smack:

They don’t fit the numbers you ask for but The White Stripes were 50% female.

Voice of the Beehive.

TCMF-2L

It’s a Beautiful Day had the FM classic “White Bird,” and featured both Linda LaFlamme and Patty Santos, along with three men in the group.

Cold Blood

The Carpenters used both men and women in their back up musicians.

I can also think of several groups that used a lead female vocalist against an all-male band, leading to a sort of 50/50 sound, which had hits. Peter, Paul and Mary, The Seekers, Blondie, The Weavers, We Five, and 10,000 Maniacs were just a few.

Then, of course, there were The Lemonheads, later the Blake Babies, two of whom I went to high school with, but they never had a hit.

The Cleveland Orchestra.

Polyphonic Spree counts which is not surprising since they have 19 members now and around 30 former members.

The New Christie Minstrels

The Waitresses of “I Know What Boys Like” fame.

Peppermint Rainbow

Friends of Distinction

The E Street Band has two women in it, but I don’t think they’ve had any hits with this lineup.

The Velvet Underground and Nico.

Heart.