Pulling Grey seemed dumb, I was happy.
Putting Crochet in was very dumb, turned out better than I expected.
Miller failing so badly was a nice bonus.
My hope is that it won’t be too long before everyone is grumbling about the Dodgers again.
As a lifelong Brewers fan, I already do. ![]()
Braves over Phillies, 6-2, to take the final Wild Card series. Atlanta now goes to Los Angeles to face the Dodgers.
Aaron Judge not on the ALDS roster for the Yankees.
They seem to be doing just fine without him.
I was just coming in to post that.
Also Cole is pitching game 1.
I forgot to add Weathers was added, which bumped Rosario off.
Stanton is retained on the roster for Pinch-Hitting.
Starters (4): Gerrit Cole, Max Fried, Carlos Rodón, Cam Schlittler
Relievers (7): David Bednar (CL), Paul Blackburn, Brent Headrick, John Schreiber, Will Warren, Ryan Weathers, Ryan Yarbrough
Catchers (2): Austin Wells, Ali Sánchez
Infielders (8): José Caballero, Jazz Chisholm Jr., Luis García Jr., Paul Goldschmidt, George Lombard Jr., Ryan McMahon, Ben Rice, Anthony Volpe
Outfielders (4): Cody Bellinger, Trent Grisham, Spencer Jones, Heliot Ramos
Designated hitter (1): Giancarlo Stanton
A day game was scheduled for 1pm today at Dodgers Stadium. Local temperatures are expected to exceed 100 degrees. That seems like a really bad idea. This weather has been expected for a few days now at least. I would have thought they would have moved the game later in the day or at night, but apparently not.
Doesn’t seem to have bothered the Dodgers. 5-3 over the Braves.
ChiSox blank Cleveland 3-0. I won’t be surprised if Chicago doesn’t make the series although, assuming they get through, Tampa Bay looks like a team nobody wants to play.
Speaking of, they’re up 1-0 against the evil empire in the top of the 8th.
Brewers/Padres is just getting started and will finish well after my bedtime, so I’ll see what happened tomorrow. ![]()
No hitter just averted by Wells, but for some reason he tried to stretch a double into a triple.
Yankees at Tampa.
1-hitter for the Rays pitchers.
1 homer for the Rays batters.
1-0 Rays victory.
Rays lead series 1-0.
Imagine a Rays / Brewers series with all these dopey long hits bouncing off rafters over and over.
Guys … Guys … You’re gonna need a bigger stadium.
More seriously, as batting gets ever more powerful, I wonder whether MLB will eventually have to have rules addressing the minimum unobstructed height over the playing surface?
MLB Rules now require all parks built after 1958 (so almost all of them) to be >=325 feet deep to the foul poles and >=400 feet deep to center field. As roofed stadiums slowly take over, height is the next thing that’ll need regulation. Because lower is cheaper and lower also causes wacky disruptive plays.
That Brewers walkoff win was one of the best games I’ve ever seen.
(And I’ve been watching baseball since about 1958).
I really want that series to go five games.