MMP: The quilt show spin off

Let me start off by saying none of these quilts are my work. I haven’t been at this long enough to have a finished piece ready. I will have entries next year. There were more than 150 quilts on display. I have pictures of the 24 I liked the most. Some of them won award and some did not.

We have a meeting with a guest speaker the second Tuesday of every month. On the morning of the meeting,the guest speakers often do a class to teach the techniques they are discussing. These next two pictures are samples of work that came out of those classes:

we had a great time working on the set up Thursday and then visiting teh show to see the quilts on display and to shop in the vendor booths.

By the next show I will have at least two done and I will submit mine for judging.

I love the one below the butterfly one. It reminds me of a Medieval manuscript.

They’re all amazing, but I love the one above the butterfly one! It’s just stunning in every way: Color, design, skill. I’m gobsmacked!

Thanks so much for posting your pics. :slight_smile:

I like the pixelated looking flower bouquet. So cool!

Can’t wait to see yours.

Thanks for posting! Beautiful!

I think I could just stare at the first quilt in this post for hours.

And if I ever got bored of that, then the quilt above the butterfly quilt would capture my attention.

Thank you for sharing your favorites - they are all gorgeous and I am so impressed with all the time and skill invested in these quilts.

I am quite looking forward to seeing your entries as well. I enjoy seeing the work that you’ve been doing, and the fabrics you have chosen are gorgeous.

Very nice, thanks for sharing! I think my favorite is the fourth one down - sort of grey tones. Would be nice to see that pattern in different color schemes. The one right above the butterfly one is mesmerizing.
I’m looking forward to seeing your quilts!

Concur - that one really jumped out at me.

And I’m unreasonably amused that they used office binder clips to hang everything!

They are all beautiful pieces of art, but my faves are the third one, the butterfly and the third from last pic. Thanks hippy!

@purplehorseshoe

It was amazing to watch the ladies who were hanging the quilts. Two ladies with a big box of binder clips on a rolling scaffold, two people pushing the scaffold along and a line of people handing up the quilts. They hung more than 150 quilts in less than an hour.

It is exquisite. I like the pattern. I would go with different colours, I’m a blue, green, black, grey chair.

These are amazing! Thank you for sharing :slight_smile:

That’s a heck of a show. There’s some serious talent in that crowd. And a lot of old ladies with too much (clap clap) time on their hands.

The butterfly is wonderful, but I think Her Ladyship would get motion sick looking at the swirlies forming the background. Pretty, but a bit … disorienting.