Mod warning mistake...?

3 days ago I received this message from Gaudere:

I’m pretty sure this was a mistake. I PM’d Gaudere three days ago but he never got back to me. I just want to make sure I don’t have a warning on my record if it’s not warranted. :slight_smile:

Check your profile. There’s a tab for “infractions” (only you and mods can see it). Check there.

I think the issue is not whether the OP has an infraction, but that the apparent violation occurred in somebody else’s post he or she was merely quoting.

It looks to me like you were warned when the warning should have gone to **magellan01 **(you were only quoting the post that contained the insult).

I’ll report this to the GD mods.

I hope this works out well for you.

Regards,

John Race

Man, there’s a lot of that going around. I just did the same thing to mhendo a couple days ago.

I’ve reversed your warning, and applied it to the post you were quoting instead. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks Miller!

While you’re at it, can you look into my situation? I’ve received a couple warnings directed at some guy called splatterpunk, whoever that is.

Can you check it out and reverse those warnings?

Thanks,

~punkersplatt

I think it’s a slippery slope if we start rescinding warnings. Can’t we just “keep them in the bank” to apply to future infractions?

I can give you four or five now if you like.:wink:

Deal!

Hell, don’t give them away; sell 'em.

Infraction Coupons, $10 each, 5 for $40.

There’s your server upgrade money right there.

link? I can’t find it.

I wouldn’t worry about it. Collateral damage happens. It is iiandyiiii’s fault for being too close to an infraction.

Well, you did say “Jehovah.”

Please! This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let’s not bicker and argue over who warned who.

You think you can get off that easy? You get brussel sprouts for dinner for a week. We won’t tolerate whoarning.

MrDibble, no typos for you!

By the way, I see that on my User CP, the warning is still there but is noted as “reversed”. So I guess I’m marked for life…

Yeah, it’s like being acquitted of murder after a long trial.