Mods, can't you tell Snowboarder Bo to shut up?

Every time? Does “Hi, Opal!” still tickle your funny bone, too?

Again, you are making an argument that doesn’t apply to me.

Or maybe you can show me all the vast number of times that I used “Let’s go to the quarry and throw stuff down there” where it isn’t a stand in for “laugh out loud”.

I don’t mind it, and even if I did, I wouldn’t go crying to the mods to MAKE THEM STOP IT !!!

How doesn’t it apply to you? You have indeed been informed repeatedly that it’s annoying and you continue to do it. That it apparently means “laugh out loud” to you doesn’t change that.

People also get upset with posters who don’t capitalize despite being told to by other posters. Should we take action?

Read my post again. This has nothing to do with what I said.

I think it’s funny.

But anyway, if the mods take action, all I can say is how pathetic that is, almost as pathetic as this “mommy mommy make Timmy stop making faces at me waaaaaahh” thread.

The best response to behavior that annoys you is to ignore it. Bo isn’t doing anything wrong.

I’m not just tossing it out there to toss it out there. It has a specific meaning and I only use it then. Just like no one is using “Hi, Opal!” in the middle of a post for no reason.

And yeah, I get that a small number of people find it incredibly annoying, although I don’t at all understand how they reached the level of ire they seem to be expressing.

Do you stop doing anything that anyone tells you is annoying?

I mean, if I said I found it annoying that you post on the SDMB, would you stop posting here?

Then I apologize for misconstruing what you wrote.

Agreed.

I don’t see how this means the quoted argument doesn’t apply to you.

Nope!

I’m not making a statement about the argument itself, just your response to it that it “doesn’t apply.” All the above poster said was that people told you it was annoying and you kept doing it anyway. You responded with “No, when I do it it has a meaning” which doesn’t really address the argument at all.

What about the fact that it’s so embarrassingly pathetic that I physically cringe when I read it? Like, when you’re watching someone on a sitcom make themselves look more and more stupid and they have no idea what they’re doing and it actually feels painful? That’s how I feel every single time.

And yet, they still keep airing Jerry Lewis movies! And they annoy me! Make them stop! I don’t want to watch them!

I hope **Bo **gets tired of it sooner rather than later. IMO it’s too lame to last long.

But I’m more disappointed in the whole MoMMM!!! Make him stopppp!! routine I’m reading here.

I’m pretty sure zoid will ty and make the argument that I somehow made him do it, but this is threadshitting and jerkish behaviour.

Again, get a fucking grip, people.

Snowboarder Bo and I must read different threads because I read these boards every day and the only reason I even know about this quarry thing is people bitching about it. He doesn’t put it in every post as his posts in this thread indicate. The signoffs are much more annoying, IMO.

This is my opinion too. It should be obvious that what one person finds annoying, another person might not mind so much, or might even find entertaining.

If this was simply ignored, then it would run its course on its own. There can be no entertainment found in ignoring it, and it becomes boring in a hurry. Leave Bo alone and find something more fun to do in your spare time.

You simulposted with zoid’s #23-go back and read it and you’ll grasp the rationale.

Strange women in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government.

I’ll just post that in any relevant political thread (I’m serious) as a code for “The Republicans are subverting democracy again.” I’m sure you would have absolutely no issue with that, then?

Pistols at dawn, sir! Pistols at dawn.

If one or two people told me I was annoying, I’d probably just ignore them.

But if twenty or thirty people tell me I’m annoying, I’d consider that maybe I’m the one who’s wrong.