Mom's Bone Marrow has grafted

A few weeks ago I posted asking for prayers for my and jackelope’s mom, the thread can be found here.

Well yesterday was the first positive note we’ve received. On day +12 her white blood cells went from 0.1 to 0.2, which means the bone marrow had grafted and her body has begun rebuilding. Today I got word that she is up to 0.3, which is amazingly comforting because I was quietly afraid that yesterday was a fluke and today would reveal a lower number.

But in any case two days of increasing counts is a definite good sign and so the family is in a stage of joy and celebrating as we eagerly await tomorrow’s numbers.

Just thought I would give you all an update :slight_smile:

Yay!

Thoughts and prayers will continue, though, needless to say.

hooray! That is great news! Sending more good thoughts your way. :slight_smile:

Go numbers! Keep on Rising!

That’s wonderful. :slight_smile:

It’s kind of like the opposite of limbo. You want to say “How* high * can you go?”

Prayers and good thoughts will continuew!

Yay! Keeping fingers and eyes crossed that it keeps getting better!

Today’s numbers have mom up to 0.5 in her white blood cell count. She had a plateau for a few days at 0.3 but it began going up again yesterday!

Just a small update :slight_smile:

Very good new.

That’s wonderful news! Sending more good wishes your way!

Yesterday: 0.7
Today: 1.4

That’s a major jump and a fantastic sign! Just an update for those of you following along.

Great news! Congratulations and {{{good vibes}}} for your mother.

StG

I know nothing of medicine really. What would the ideal number be? And I’m so glad to hear the rise continues.

As I understand it (and I’m going to get confirmation from mom) but these numbers are thousands/mm^3 for the number of white blood cells in a cubic millimeter. And the “normal” range is 4.5-11. So 1.7 is 1/3 of the lowest acceptable normal range, but it’s a heck of a lot closer than she was a week ago :slight_smile: