Monk: Another Series On The Way Out

Well, I am glad they are ending it, though I do enjoy it. The Monk buys a house episode was unwatchable, but most episodes I like. Still, they can’t go on forever and writing toward a conclusion has lifted up the quality of the writing in many series.

Disher annoyed me until the wedding episode, him recognizing the bride was awesome. Now I like him. I like his absolutely insane ideas.

That title doesn’t necessarily mean much. An executive producer can wield creative control, but sometimes it’s not much more than an honorary title.

When Sharona left, so did I. And even though I thought he played the role well, I never got used to “Buffalo Bill” being a police officer. Somebody arrest that man, he’s a psycho!

It rubs the lotion on the skin
or it gets the hose again.
:slight_smile:

I finally got around to watching last week’s episode (where Monk gets shot), and I really did not like it. Monk was so fucking annoying that I was milliseconds away from shutting it off. His phobias and inabilities are supposed to be amusing, not so infuriating that you lose all respect for the character. And the inevitable turnaround when he realizes what a chump he’s been came out of nowhere. It was like “we need to redeem him, so let’s do it here for almost no reason.” Yuck.

Bradley Whitford was good, though, as were the square tomatoes. :smiley: Hope this season gets better, because I did not like the Steve Zahn episode either.

Yeah, glad to know Josh is getting work.

“You can taste the symmetry!” was a pretty good line, though. :slight_smile:

And the assistant was the actress who was the voice of Bobby Hill.