Monster Hummer

Has anyone ever built a monster truck based on a hummer?

I hate to be the only one to say it, but I was really expecting something else…

-mdf

You wanna know something really sad? I should have had the same thought I assume mdf had. But I was just involved in a thread on hummingbird’s, or “hummers” to the cooler-than-cool bird-watching cognoscenti :wink: . And the thing that flashed through my mind was giant, mutant hummingbirds :smiley: .

Obviously I need help. Or a hummer :stuck_out_tongue: .

As to the OP - Sorry enolancooper, I just don’t know. You should stick to the turtle questions. I’m better at those :wink: .

• Tamerlane

Well, count me as a sicko too.

You mean this isn’t about . . . uh . . . you know . . .
::walks out, slams door::

Good Lord, me too…

Presumably he meant a Hummvee? :smiley:

Giant, mutant hummingbirds?? That’s REALLY frightening… But all you need to do is spike some of that wicked-ass faux-Kool Aid kinda stuff they drink from the backyards of lusty suburbanites, and you’ll be able to defeat them quicker than you can say “Tweety was a transvestite.”

There is a hummer stretch limo down here in South FL.

Not only am I sick enough to wonder if he was talking about…you know…before I opened the thread…

I’m sick enough to wonder that even after reading the OP…

…That’s why I checked out this post to begin with. At least I appear to have company down here in the gutter…:smiley:

Having been induced to open this damn thread, I feel obligated to remark that the largest hummer is the Giant Hummingbird of the Andess of South America, which weighs up to 21 gm (2/3 of an ounce), or about the same as a small songbird.

I also considered the possiblity that the thread title was concerned with sexual practices, but I never imagined it was about Humvees. :smiley:

Am I the only one to correctly assume that the thread title refered to the vehicle?!?!
:stuck_out_tongue:

Naughty, dirty-minded pervs…I meant the military 4x4.
the HUMMER (aka HUMVEE).

I figured such a macho truck could be made SUPER-MACHO on the Monster Truck circuit.

Aaah vehicles! I was beginning to think this “Bert is Evil” thing had gone too far…

Why, of course someone has. I’d venture to say just about any 4WD vehicle out there has been monsterized (is that even a word?) at one time or another.

Here is an example of a big ol’ lifted Hummer.

Keep in mind that those monster trucks are basically custom frames with whatever body (made of fiberglass) dropped on top. I doubt there are many or any original HUMVEE parts in that vehicle.

The HMMWV (High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle) is the military version, the HUMMER is what Arnold drives, the cushy civilianized version. And howardsims I’ve seen that limo, too.

BTW, IIRC, the Army calls them “Hummers” and the Marines call them “Humvees”, kinda like the “chopper” vs. “helo” thing. But I’ve been out a while.

Telemark, the body of the HMMWV is made of fiberglass, so that may be a legit body up on top of the turkey tires in the link. The back window looks like the mil version.

The HMMWV (High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle) is the military version, the HUMMER is what Arnold drives, the cushy civilianized version. And howardsims I’ve seen that limo, too.

BTW, IIRC, the Army calls them “Hummers” and the Marines call them “Humvees”, kinda like the “chopper” vs. “helo” thing. But I’ve been out a while.

Telemark, the body of the HMMWV is made of fiberglass, so that may be a legit body up on top of the turkey tires in the link. The back window looks like the mil version.

'scuse me if this is a dbl post, problems with network.

I am under the impression that Arnold got a military version, as they did not make them for commercial sales until he got one.