Monthly Photo Competition #16 – March 2024 – “Patterns” {Poll added}

This is the monthly thread for March, 2024. The topic this month is “Patterns”, chosen by Mean_Mr.Mustard

Please note:

The general rules for the competition are here.

One entry per person per month . To make the photos easier to review please only post just once to this thread, with your entry. Your post can include a caption with whatever info you want to give.

Please keep all discussion in the rolling discussion thread.

Once the submission deadline has passed, I’ll put a voting poll in this thread.

Submission deadline: Thursday, 03/28/24 11:59 pm US EDT

Voting deadline: Sunday, 03/31/24 11:59 pm US EDT

Good luck!

Geometric camellia
Imgur

Sunlight filtered through a window privacy film

Patterns, you say? Hold on a sec… ok, here you go! :slight_smile:

My pattern is nuts:

Or, technically, seeds of drupes.

Google pics does its thing again. Click for the full image. Snake’s head fritillary, about 90 minutes ago.

Google Photos

j

Imgur

Wall in SF Chinatown

Imgur

Sidewalk chalk art, courtesy of the girls across the street.
Google Photos

I saw this at a nature preserve in Australia and had to snap a photo. I’m still not sure what it is (anybody know?).

Maybe something bee-related?

A home for the fleas
A hive for the bees
A nest for birds there ain’t no words
for the beauty and the splendor and the wonder of my…?

Imgur

Imgur

Just back from a week in Tucson, including a visit to Saguaro National Park

Dragonfly wing - Rectangles for spars, elongated polygons for the fragile trailing edge and hexagons for wide sheeting. There are two, seven sided, rosettes where the stresses are radial.

Trying to Remember the Color of the Sky on That September Morning
https://www.911memorial.org/connect/blog/trying-remember-color-sky-september-morning

Good topic! I had a hard time choosing one. Here is an old photo of one building reflected in the windows of another:

Imgur

Sorry for the double post in the competition thread … Hopefully this version will be visible.

Google Photos

A Piece of the Taj Mahal
(Not really. I picked up this object at a gift shop in Agra after I visited the Taj Mahal. It is supposed to be made of the same marble and other material as went into the Taj Mahal. It is, at least, quite similar.)

I don’t remember taking this, as it was over 15 years ago, but based on the photos around it it looks like I stood directly under a fancy light fixture in Grand Central Station, New York, and looked up.

Imgur

This is from a WWI commemorative exhibit at The Rooms, a cultural art space in St. John’s Newfoundland. In Newfoundland, the forget-me-not represents those who fell in that war, and the ceiling was covered with these.

Imgur

Imgur

An unplanned find from Thurs night