Most hated X-mas song

I like Christmas as much as anyone, but I have to admit that there are a couple of songs out there that I absolutely hate. ‘Little Drummer Boy’ actually makes me angry when i hear it. The backgroung ‘Pumm pumm pumm pumm…’ is what gets me going. I hate that song!!! I also hate ‘Do You Hear What I Hear’, but not with the white-hot intensity as the Drummer Boy.
C’mon people, speak up so I don’t look like the only Grinch :slight_smile:

OK, I love the little Drummer Boy (love the story of the song), but I loathe “Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas” and “Blue Christmas”. Hate 'em.
Zette

Work a little bit harder on improving your
low self esteem, you stupid freak!
Click here for some GOOD news for a change Zettecity

I like all of 'em – except the ones that I can’t sing along with cuz my singing voice sucks ass.

Therefore, “O Holy Night” gets my vote as the worst.

“Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer.”
–No, it’s not funny!

Pa-rum-pum-pum-pum
rum-pum-pum-pum
rum-pum-pum-pum

Pa-rum-pum-pum-pum
rum-pum-pum-pum
rum-pum-pum-pum

Pa-rum-pum-pum-pum
rum-pum-pum-pum
rum-pum-pum-pum

Pa-rum-pum-pum-pum
rum-pum-pum-pum
rum-pum-pum-pum

I hate all of them. Bah! Humbug!

“That’s entertainment!” —Vlad the Impaler

“Holy night” drove me nuts, untill I heard Eric Cartmans redition. :o)

Silver Bells. Puke, puke, puke.

I like most of 'em, but “Away in a Manger” makes me nuts. Serious ickiness.

Catrandom

I hate Rudolph.
– Sylence

I don’t have an evil side. Just a really, really apathetic one.

I only heard it one year:

“Dear Mr. Jesus”

The supposedly rock and roller version of “Frosty the Snowman”, I think it was sung by Ronnie Spector. Glass breaks when she launches into the chorus with “Fwosty the snowman…” (No, that was no typo, she clearly says - FWOSTY). Any time my sister wants to grate on my nerves, no matter the time of year, she gives her impression of this heinous version of the song.

Mariah Carey - All I want for Christmas is you
And if this doesn’t count, all the better. That song is EVIL.

Coldfire

“You know how complex women are”

• Neil Peart, Rush (1993)

Actually, CF, that’s the only Mariah Carey song I do like. It sounds all Motown-girl-group-like.

All of them.

ZETTE! How can you hate Blue Christmas!!! I always play that song when I decorate the tree…makes it feel like Christmas. So there. :stuck_out_tongue:

“There is no worse lie than a truth misunderstood by those who hear it.” - William James

I loathe any Christmas song or carol that sounds exactly like another song or carol. Or maybe I hate the ones they sound like. It’s hard to tell.

-BrainWeasel

Squeaks from BrainWeasel’s Cage
http://brainweasel.home.att.net