Most mediocre movie

We have threads about the best movie, the worst movie, the movie you can’t believe you paid to see, and so on. So what is the most mediocre movie ever made? If you were to list every movie from all time in order from best to worst, which would be in the exact middle? I gotta say PCU.

To be “most mediocre” would almost raise a film out of mediocrity, wouldn’t it? Interesting question, though.

Even though I’m a chick myself, a strong competitor could very likely be a chick flick, something like “Dying Young.”

My personal choice, though, would be a sequel to an original film of mediocre quality. Any of the “Death Wish” sequels might count, but I’m voting for whatever the second Dirty Harry film was (I loved the first, mostly because I’m a huge fan of Andrew Robinson and loved him with all that hair)

I gotta go with Man on the Moon. I went in with such high expectations, and while I didn’t hate it, it definitely wasn’t as good as it could have been.

The problem is trying to remember them - the films that you had forgotten about by the time you got to your car. A good genre to look at is the current crop of cut-and-paste teen romance/comedies out in the last few years (usually starring Freddie Prinze Jr), but I can’t think of any names off hand.

Maybe MI:2 - if you average out the intensly boring parts with the frantic, overblown parts it all becomes very bland and mediocre.

I saw the first two Dirty Harrys, and I can’t really remember what the second one was… although I do remember it had the “do you feel lucky, punk?” in it. Wasn’t that bad.

The most mediocre movie I can remember at the moment is Office Space. It was ok, but it didn’t come close to meeting my expectations. After watching this and Beavis and Butthead do America, I’ve come to the conclusion that while Mike Judge is funny, he just can’t carry a good idea for more than 5 minutes. Does he have other people writing for him on King of the Hill?

–sublight.

The Peacemaker (?) - I think that’s what it was called. The one with George Clooney. And was it Sandra Bullock? Some girl.

It was average - TO THE EXTREME!!!

“Peacemaker” had George Clooney and Nicole Kidman. Kidman was in “Practical Magic” with Sandra Bullock.

My choice for mediocre film: “Bicentennial Man”. It wasn’t bad, but it paralleled so many robot-wants-to-be-human stories that it was way too predictable.

This is the most oxymoronic question.