Most moving music video

After being amazed at the beauty of Sigur 1 / Sigur 9 by Sigur Ros and moved by the videos allmost to tears.
I have started this thread, to ask you dopers, what music videos have moved you in their beauty and/or artestry?

Time After Time by Cyndi Lauper always seemd to get to me.

Hurt by Johnny Cash (cover of the NIN song). Just amazing. You can find it floating about the ether if you have a looksee in Google.

“Maid of Orleans” by OMD (c.1982)

“A Movie Script Ending” is moving in a cute sort of way.

(By Death Cab For Cutie. Forgot to mention that)

“The World I Know” by Collective Soul was nice, I thought.

I will second this one. It makes you really think about how fragile life is, and how quickly it goes by.

“Brothers in Arms” - Dire Straits

I know “Brothers in Arms” so well, yet I have never seen the video, yet I have seen Money for Nothing umpteen million times.

Another one I forgot to mention is “Big Sky” by Kate Bush, has a very moving vibe of a son having to grow up rapidly.

The last few Queen videos were very moving because of Freddies obvious illness in them, but not really because of the videos themselves.

I will third this one. By far the most touching video I’ve ever seen. I read somewhere that Trent Reznor cried when he saw Johnny’s version of his song. I suppose the images of June Carter really add to the emotions.

Tool’s “Prison Sex” video is frightening and sad. I saw Maynard James Keenan interviewed on MTV years ago, and he said that several psychologists had approached him for copies of the video to use in their sessions with young abuse victims. That’s how evocative and visually eloquent the images are.

U.N.K.L.E.'s “Rabbit in Your Headlights” video is very simple but chokes me up.

I, too, cried when I watched “Hurt.”

Sinéad O’Connor - Nothing Compares 2U . Its that single tear-drop that does it .

Add a fifth person nominating “Hurt”. And a second for
“Prison Sex”.

And just so I’m not making a ‘me too’ post, I’ll add a nomination for “Jeremy” by Pearl Jam. From the psychotic-looking Eddie Vedder to the frozen expressions of the kids in the classroom to the final ending sequence, the whole video is haunting. And IIRC, MTV made them cut part of the final sequence (showing the kid sticking the gun in his mouth), which pissed off the members of the band so much that they didn’t make another music video for about 10 years. And when you consider that the video was made in 1991, about 5 or 6 years before we started hearing about the school shootings and all that…

A sixth for “Hurt.” Freakin’ amazing. I admit it; I teared up. The original NIN video is great, too.

Others:

Marc Cohn - “Walking in Memphis”

Orbital - “Are we Here”

“This Woman’s Work” - Kate Bush

A seventh for Mr. Cash, for all of the above reasons.

The video for “Coffee and TV” by Blur is so cute and cuddly and adorable–until the end, which rips your heart out and stomps on it. Maybe I’m a little too emotionally fragile, but it moved me to tears each time I saw it.

Long story, which I’ll try to shorten: For a project in high school, I made a video short as a History class project, splicing together clips from films about the Vietnam War, edited to Dire Straits’ “Brothers in Arms”.

I showed the final product to my stepfather, a Vietnam War veteran. It made him cry. That made me cry. Ever since then, watching my video or even hearing “Brothers in Arms” makes me think of that moment, and it usually gets me at least a bit misty.

Sorry, only one I can think of… does it count?

‘The Change’ by Garth Brooks. The song is something he wrote in the hurt and confusion in the aftermath of the OKC Murrah building bombing. A native Oklahoman, he felt he had to pour out his heart in the best, and most moving way, he felt he knew: song and video. The video shows him clad in solid white (the traditonal color of purity and of angels) surrounded by video screens with footage from the newscasts the day of and the days following the bombing. The reality of what happened that day was made even more real for me a year and half or so ago when my husband and I visted OKC and went to the Memorial. I wished I’d brought a jumbo sized carton of Kleenex with me because I was so touched by the exhibits I cried harder than I ever had in my entire life.
I cannot listen to that song without seeing the video in my head and bawling.

IDBB