Most unusual car you've seen today?

I saw a VW Trike the other day, in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, of all places. Never seen anything like it before in my life.

On my way to a softball game last night, I saw what I’m pretty sure was a Lamborghini Murcielago. On the way home, a Ferrari F430.

Ahhh, Dallas. The best place for conspicuous consumerism west of Hollywood.

Today it was a Pantera - on Plum Grove by Kirchoff of all places. :confused:

Somebody needs to take a geograpy class, me thinks. Texas west of Hollywood, CA? Not unless you take the Looooooooonnnnnnnnnnggggggggg way around.

I was talking about Holywood, Florida jerkwad. :wink:

Or not. Of course you’re right. Don’t know how I got that one wrong. But hey, cut me some slack. I was momentarily dazed by the thought of somewhere around a half million dollars embodied in just two cars rolling down the road.

Hey, I can understand being somewhat dazed by a cool half a mil rolling down the road. I would be also.
I just could not resist having a little fun at your expense. No harm, no foul? Friends?

Of course. That’s why I used the winky smiley, and “jerkwad” instead of the middle finger smiley and “something-that-would-belong-in-the-pit.”

Well, not today, but last week I saw a Maybach. Got to look inside too. Gotta love the LCD screens for the rear passengers!

Today I saw a 2005 SSR. Never seen one in the public yet in my area, so that was interesting.

After a perfectly hellish morning - painfully desperate to stay asleep + car needed gas + small fender bender (she hit me from behind, my car is untouched, her front bumper was accordioned*, my neck and shoulders are stiff but otherwise no harm done) . . .

And so I FINALLY get on the highway, and WAZE says I’ll be at work in 15 minutes (395N heading toward L’Enfant Plaza for the locals) when three motorcycle cops pull in front of the lanes of traffic and slow everybody down to about 20mph. Then after a mile or so they stop us.

At which point a HUGE truck, like an enormous semi that takes up two lanes, pulls onto the highway. It had a half-gate across the back, and I could see a zebra’s head, and I think I saw an elephant’s trunk playing around the upper corner of the rear opening.

They could have been circus animals, but the truck wasn’t decorated like that. I’m thinking they may have been headed for the National Zoo.

I’ve never seen a truck that big before. If you’ve ever seen a large mobile home riding down the road, now imagine that IS the truck, and it has wheels in each lane.

Too bizarre.
*Spell checker says that’s not a word. I hereby anoint it.

And now that I think of it, yesterday I saw a slingshot.

Like this one: Polaris Slingshot.

You can’t tell in that photo, but there’s only one wheel in the back.

A couple days ago it was a stretch limo Hummer. I regularly see my friend’s convertible Jensen Interceptor and Triumph Stag.

This is a very old thread. I created a new version of this two years ago and it’s still active. What's the most interesting car you saw today? - Miscellaneous and Personal Stuff I Must Share - Straight Dope Message Board

I’ll report this one for closing to avoid confusion.

Thread closed.