Motherfucking fuckers fucking deserve to die!

Not that I’m angry or anything. Oh wait, I am, and I’d like to rip out the heart of the perpertrator(s) and eat it.

Some asshole(s) vandalised my car. They dented the drivers door and the right back passenger door. They dented the boot and seriously damaged both mirrors.

What the fuck for? Nothing! No break in, nothing stolen. It’s not like it’s some deranged environmentalist either, it’s godamn Honda Civic. A billion miles to the gallon! Less than a year old! I bet this is gonna cost a lot to fix, and I’ll want to destroy my perfect insurance record by filing a claim. Aaarrgh.

I’m glad I didn’t catch them doing it, because I’d probably be in jail now :mad:

It’s better than having to tell people you dropped your Jeep on it’s side into a ditch going one mile per hour because you ran out of gas.

Trust me.

I didn’t mean to sound unsympathetic, btw. That really fucking sucks, man.

^ pics of that?

I feel for you, dude. We just bought a 2005 Scion back in early Spring. Cutest fucking car ever, right? Economical, nice looking, affordable. Our pride and joy, man.

My wife takes it over to the flea market a few weeks ago, and what does she return to find? A HUGE FUCKING SCRATCH across the trunk. You know the sort – WAY too high up and too deep and long to be a rock or pebble or even accidental purse/bookbag brush.

Nice world, yeah?

Worthless motherfuckers.

No pics. Only my eternal shame. :frowning:

Sounds like an interesting story :slight_smile:

And if anyone thought that I might be slightly psychopathic from my opening post, I’m really not. I just wanted to blow off a little steam…

I’m just really mad at the malice involved. Who does such a thing, for no motivation whatsoever?

I’m reasonably new to the US, so by US perspective I’ve only owned a car and had a driver’s license since October 2004. Now I have to claim on my insurance. I’m a little peeved that this means I’m going to have this big black mark that means my insurance rates (which are already sky high due to the above and the fact that I live in S. Florida) are never going to come down :frowning:

Consider not filing a claim. Get an estimate first.

Although I’m not sure that a comp claim will raise your rates (but I was only licensed in Colorado and it was a long time ago).

Sorry to hear it. I am waiting for somebody to thrash my car because a) they disapprove of my choice and b) she can afford it, look at the brand! Assholes. What on earth makes people think they have the right to even touch other people’s propery?

Oh, when I said “licensed” in the above post, I meant as an insurance agent, not a driver! :slight_smile:

I don’t think your rates will be affected one way or the other for vandalism. That is, after all, what insurance is for, and they can scarcely blame you for it. However, you will probably have to pay the deductible, and that can really hurt if it’s high or things are tight. At least, that’s the way it’s always been for me.

[sub]The preceeding was based upon lots of experience. Don’t ask.[/sub]

Vandalism, I’ve found, doesn’t raise the rates.

I had my mirrors knocked off, not once but twice, by jerks on my street. It was a pain, but didn’t affect my rates.

Provided you don’t make a lot of vandalism claims in a short period (more then one every year or two) it probably won’t affect your insurance at all. I think. I am not an expert.

You might want to post a GQ or IMHO thread on the topic–we have several posters in the insurance industry who can usually give good advice.

There is no such thing as a “black mark” on your insurance for making a single claim. Multiple claims, false claims and lots of accidents might end up looking like a high risk client, however.

Sam

Great. Lots of encouraging posts. I’ll check the insurance deal today, and get a quote before I claim. My deductable is $500, which while a pain in the ass won’t hurt too bad at this point.

[hijack]

Please, oh please won’t you tell us this story!!!

[\hijack]

I feel for ya… I recently found that someone had written a pejorative message to someone I don’t even know on the trunk of my car with a permanent marker.

'Course, I was able to get a product to rub the marker right out, but I was majorly pissed that I had to do it at all.

It appears you have not met the Alberta insurance industry yet. It has gotten so corrupt that the government actually stepped in recently to try to straighten it out a bit. Let’s think about that statement a little; and yes, it has had exactly the effect that you would expect government straightening out insurance to have.

My boss here in Alberta had his business insurance cancelled and found himself blacklisted for claiming damages after his office was involved in a fire in the building it was in. That’s an example of what goes on in Alberta’s insurance industry for you.

Driver8, I’m really sorry this has happened to you. We have had two hit-and-run accidents with our cars and my car stereo stolen and the door lock busted in the last couple years, and I know very well the frustration and impotent anger that you’re probably feeling right now. This totally isn’t fair, and there’s not a damned thing you can do about it.

I felt this way right around the time somebody decided to drive down my street and egg my car and my boyfriend’s (which couldn’t be parked in the driveway because it had just been sealed). The car was practically brand new at the time. It was, and is, my baby–and it’s had a lovely circular pattern of scratches on the driver’s side door ever since because I simply can’t justify spending the money on fixing a cosmetic problem right now. Still don’t know why they chose just our cars, as there were a bunch parked on the street that day.

Grrrr. Vandalism sucks.

Leaper, did they believe the car the other person’s, or was it just a neighbor, and they figured she’d see the message on your trunk, maybe because it was parked in front of her house?

Check your policy, Driver8, or give your insurance agent a call. Most standard auto policies don’t carry a deductible on comp claims. They usually just apply to collision claims. You probably won’t even be out the $500.

I haven’t worked in insurance for a long time (for which I’m pathetically grateful) but I don’t remember comprehensive claims having an effect on insurance rates either.

The idiotic vandals still suck, of course.

Veb