Movie Quotes II!

(I get to start a Part II . . . WHEEEEE!)

“We’re going to need some more FBI guys.” - Die Hard. For anytime someone’s pulled a clusterfuck so big, they go down in flames.

“I grovel in mortification.” - Death on the Nile. Used by my family and I anytime we screw up really bad. Haven’t had to use that here. Yet.

“Bad, evil, wicked, naughty Zoot! She must be spanked!” - Monty Python and the Holy Grail. When a friend has flaked out in a minor way but is catching too much flack about it.

“You’ll get nothing and like it!” - Caddyshack. Whenever my cat is whining at me for something she’s not going to get.

“Put ze candle BECK!” - Young Frankenstein. All purpose “stop whatever you are doing immediately” phrase.

“That’ll be the day!” - The Searchers. Must be said with intense John Wayne accent whenever a skeptical comeback is needed.

“What is dis idiot babbling about?” - The Little Mermaid. Pretty self explanatory. Works best with a Jamaican accent.

“Burn the witch!” “May we burn her?” - Monty Python and the Holy Grail. I get this one a lot whenever clever python fans learn of my religion.

“SSssssssNEAKIN’!” - Return of the King (LoTR). Whenever someone asks me what I’m doing. It’s Golum’s line.

And lots, lots more . . .

“I’m surprised that you’ve never been told before, that you’re lovely, that you’re perfect, and that somebody wants you.” - Semisonic, f.n.p

“Ah HAA the old 16th century Indian rubber vase trick eh!”
“Into the mud, scum queen!”
Man with 2 brains

{sung} “I’m picking out a thermos for you… not an ordinary thermos for you”
the jerk

“it puts the lotion on itself of it gets the hose again”
-silence of the lambs

“Insanity doesn’t run in my family, it practically gallops”

• Arsenic and old lace

“fresh meat for the beast”

• nightbreed

Don’t let the loveless ones sell you a world wrapped in grey.

“Conan, what is best in life?”

“To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the laminations of the women.” Conan, the Barbarian
“Stay on target…Staaaayy on target…< Pilot’s X Wing gets blown up >” Star Wars, Episode Four

“You’re mocking me, aren’t you?” Toy Story
“You will be given a new body, and troops to command.” Transformers, the Movie
< With a stoned expression > “I know kung fu.” The Matrix

“You ever run backwards naked through a cornfield?” Half Baked
< With a hillbilly accent > “Hey,look, she’s got all her hair and EVERYTHANG” Snake Eater
And, from American Pie…

“One time, at band camp…”

And

“OH YEAH! SPANK MY HAIRY ASS!”

You say “cheesy” like that’s a BAD thing.

Always we regret not having these quotations at our fingertips…

“I foresee no isoluble problems”
-Flight of the Phoenix, a 1965 Jimmy Stewart film about a plane crash in the desert.

“I want my two hundred dollars !”
-Tatum O’Neal in Paper Moon
(a favorite of an old girlfriend. Who subsequently took my car.)

“It looks fake. I like it !”
-Tom Hanks in Joe Versus the Volcano, referring to Los Angeles.

“He hates these cans! Get away from the cans!”
-Steve Martin in The Jerk. Used whenever equipment goes haywire, usually with flame and smoke.

I’d like to nominate as the king of the movie quote Mr. Mike Birmingham, of the Starbucks Coffee IT department in Seattle. Just in case we’re taking nominations, that is. Mike doesn’t need original speech, as someone, sometime, said it better on screen.

Lorre: Too bad about those two couriers, eh, Rick?

Bogart: They got a lucky break. Yesterday they were two insignificant German clerks. Today they’re the honored dead.

Lorre: You are a very cynical person. Uh, not that that’s bad.

“My dear Ricky, how extravagant you are, throwing away women like that.” ----Claude Rains.

Sealemon88 wrote:

Hear the women making glass? Perhaps the line actuall says “lamentations.” :wink:

“Thought is real … it’s physical that’s the illusion … how’s that for irony?”
Cuba Gooding, Jr., What Dreams May Come

“Ah, yes, Christopher Marlowe… beautiful waistcoat - shame about the poetry.”
Joseph Fiennes, Shakespeare In Love

“Anti-wrinkle cream there may be, but anti-fat-bastard cream there isn’t.”
The Cool Chubby Guy, The Full Monty

“I can’t believe it! I’ve been working my ass off and I GAINED a pound!”
“That’s impossible. Did you deduct sixteen pounds for your shoes?”
Mira Sorvino/Lisa Kudrow, Romy & Michelle’s High School Reunion

(paraphrased)
“My skin care regime? You mean the regime from which the radicals are trying to break free? Are we cleansing or staging a coup?”
Janeane Garafalo, The Truth About Cats and Dogs

“This can’t be right. Con-Science?”
Helen Hunt, As Good As It Gets

“Carol the Waitress, Simon the Fag.”
Jack Nicholson, As Good As It Gets

“You look like a doily.”
Ethan Hawke, Reality Bites

I’m getting carried away… next?

Veni, Vidi, Visa … I came, I saw, I bought.

Where am I?
(lights match)
Oh! Here I am.

Peter Lorre, Arsenic and Old Lace

Everything Peter Lorre says seems funny to me…

“Who wants an orange whip? (point to friend) Orange whip? (point to other friend) Orange whip? Three orange whips!”
-John Candy’s character in The Blues Brothers

“I was inverted.”
-Tom Cruise, Top Gun

Where are we going?
And why am I in this handbasket?

Hey Auraseer…watch the movie again. There is this great scene in it where Arnold defeats the invading hoards, then laminates the women with a shiny, mauve ceramic glaze.

And I don’t think the line was “actuall” lamentations, but it might have been actually lamentations.

Now this isn’t the pit, or I’d call ya a poopy head.

Note: the precieding(sp) post was a lighthearted poke at the Grammer Police. Despite the way he looks in the morning, Sealemon88 is NOT a troll.

Sealemon: we all know you’re not a troll. Now, about that post.
Hordes
Preceding
Grammar
Please, if you pick on someone’s spelling, spell your critique correctly!
awaits flames

Sorr, but the on my keboard does not seem to be working toda. Mabe it’s just stuck.

WHAM
WHAM
WHAM

esing, one, wo, hree.

Oh no, I’ve broken anoher leer…

“I hate Illinois Nazis.” The Blues Brothers

I use this one when supervision makes yet another policy change based on the actions of one stupid person.

“I get no kick from champagne…” Cole Porter, as sung by Cleavon Little in Blazing Saddles

My husband has been known to pull this “You’re not going to get what you want” trick after the 300th drunken request for “Freebird.”

Eden: ugh. I need a spell checker, STAT! :wink:
lmao…too funny. I think I’ll stick to general wiseass responses and leave the **Grammar<b/> Police alone.

I’m still picturing Conan laminating women now.

“Do me a favor, Cheswick. Stay off my side.”
–Harding, One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest

Well, it’s not a movie, but from a TV show (Twilight Zone): “It’s a COOKBOOK!”