do you have catch phrases, song lyrics, movie quotes you cannot not say when certain things happen

Examples-

I’ll start with one from the comedian who can no longer be named, about an operation and the patient is under general anesthia, and the doctor says “Ooops!” And the patient says “What did you say!?” Every time I say “oops” I think of that.

In The Stunt Man, Cameron is asked if he has ever done any stunt work, and he says “Not really” and the stunt man who is teaching him says, “Not really? Either you have or you haven’t.”

If I say “It’s good enough” I always think of this from The Band in The Last Waltz.

There are others but I am a little tired so I’ll think of more later

Just thought of another one. When I say “well” I always say it again, as in this clip.

“Don’t call me Shirley.”

If you need me to explain the reference, one of us in the wrong forum.

Mine was inspired by this clip from the South Park episode Cartman Joins Nambla

For those that don’t want to click through to the really short clip, the young boys of South Park are in a hotel being chased by horny perverts. Cartman throws out the suggestion that “someone has to go out there and take one for the team”.

This quickly became a catchphrase at work, used when we had to break bad news to a client. (usually regarding a delivery delay on something critical ) and since the boss always over-promised we used that phrase a lot.

Ive always liked the tape Howard Stern played of his father (a recording engineer) responding to Howard childful silliness, “I told you not to be stupid, you moron.” and especially “SHUT UP!!! SIT DOWN!!!”

I have a hard time addressing someone named Bob without pronouncing it like Blackadder does.

If someone says, “It could be worse,” I instinctively reply, “Could be raining.”

(From Young Frankenstein: Young Frankenstein : It Could Be Worse, It Could Be Raining - YouTube )

You’ve just added one. I don’t remember ever hearing someone say “It could be worse” but I will remember from now on.

Related to that, of anyone ever asks me if I want something to drink before I go to bed

Nothing!

haha Young Frankenstein.

Ours is, when in an awkward position like pulling something down from a top shelf, “Put the candle back”

https://youtu.be/sO3qJGKs9gw

Whenever something kinetically disassembles itself in my presence (and that happens more often than one might think) I have to comment “Think you used enough dynamite there, Butch?”

From Animal House, appropriate in my neighborhood.

…I was always think of Rich Little doing Reagan.
Two from The Longest Yard - when certain situations come to any sort of resolution I’ll sometimes go “his…to…ry”, or at the beginning or conclusion of any sportsball activity I’ll go “GAME BALL”.
Not that I play pool often (oh, maybe once every, ten years?)…if I’ve been playing a crappy game, but I have an easy sitter of a chance to pot the black for the win, I’ll angrily go, (with gnashing molars!), “Good NIGHT, Mr. Bond!” (Dr. No) and just drill that fricking thing into the pocket.

When I’m doing a presentation with slides, or showing someone an image of any kind, and it’s illegible, I always, always quote Fletch: “And, if this were legible, you’d see what I mean.” No one ever finds this as funny as I do.

Any attempt on my part to open a door the wrong way inevitably triggers a mutter of “Midvale School for the Gifted”.

When something disastrous happens (usually unexpected car repair) that blows what budget I’ve already set, I tend to use a Han Solo line: “I don’t know how we’re going to get out of this one.”

Likewise when Girl Wonder and I find out plans screwed up somehow by family “emergency” (I use scare quotes because the situation is never as serious as it’s made out to be at the onset) or other factors, and she asks what the plan is now, I suddenly whip out my Indiana Jones, “I don’t know. I’m making this up as I go.”

Anytime I hear someone say “So I have that going for me” I involuntarily respond with “Which is nice.”

When someone says something complicated, I’ll say,”well it is a bit over elaborate”. #InBruges

Whenever anyone around me talks about shoes, I no longer have to quote Morgan Freeman in Glory: “Shoes, Colonel. The boy just wanted to get hisself a pair o’ shoes.”*

But I still think it, every time.

*The actual line is “Shoes, sir. The men need shoes…the boy was off trying to find hisself some shoes”. But I remember it, and can’t help thinking it, in the inaccurate version.

Waiting for this one. I am at the printer at work and a tech guy walks by - “PC Load letter, what the fuck does that mean?” And I can tell him, if he doesn’t know.

I can’t hear “dental plan” without mentally saying “Lisa needs braces.”