movie scenes that take place inside a confessional

I’m trying to find a short clip of a scene that will demonstrate to students how a confessional works. Preferably something humorous. I thought about the confessional scene in Gossip Girl where Blair confesses she lost her virginity to Chuck but somehome I doubt that would be appropriate for the class.

The only other scene I can think of is the scene in Exorcist 3. :dubious: Help me out here, Dopers!

If you’re going for humour, there’s a Seinfeld episode (The Yadda Yadda) with a scene where Jerry is in a confessional.

Boondock Saints.

Gran Torino qualifies.

Desperado?

Heaven Help Us?

Dominus vobiscum shithead!

Beavis and Butthead Do America. Beavis sits where the priest is supposed to sit. Somebody comes in to confess, and Beavis tells him to hit himself and the like. On the way back to the bus, Beavis and Butthead get struck by lightning.

Alfred Hitchcock’s I Confess, IIRC. The movie is all about the issues raised by confession. It’s not funny, though.

There was a very funny scene in some British sitcom about a young priest and his attempts to modernize the parish (no, it wasn’t Father Ted – I saw the show about 20 years ago), where the older priest was convinced to use a mic for his sermons, then forgot to turn it off in the confessional, broadcasting it to the congregation.

Angela’s Ashes:

“Bless me, Father, for I have sinned. It’s been one minute since my last confession.”
“Are you the boy who was just here?”

Actually, this movie has several confession scenes.

Seconding Heaven Help Us, which also has several:

(paraphrased from memory) “You can’t tell him you jerked off 168 times! Tell him you jerked off THREE times, and add another lie to the list.”

Daredevil had a scene, too.

The Commitments has a funny confessional scene.

Whatever you do, don’t use the scene from In Bruges.

There’s also the bit from the “dramatic” trailer at the opening of Tropic Thunder… but the homosexual religious overtones might not be exactly appropriate for the classroom.

“Father…I love my wife like no other, but part of me suspects that she might be having an affair. And, maybe I’m just being paranoid, but I feel like the entire town is laughing at me behind my back!”

From the other side of the wall:

“Charlie? That you?”

-Me, Myself and Irene

I Love you to Death has a very funny confessional scene, a tiny bit of which you can see here.

In Moonstruck:

Loretta Castorini: Bless me, Father, for I have sinned. It has been two months since my last confession.
Priest: What sins have you to confess?
Loretta Castorini: Twice I took the name of the Lord in vain, once I slept with the brother of my fiancee, and once I bounced a check at the liquor store, but that was really an accident.
Priest: Then it’s not a sin. But . . . what was that second thing you said, Loretta?

EuroTrip

Scotty, Mika, confessional…

You can use the one from Sin City if you want to capture their attention.

The best confessional scene of all time was in 30 Rock last season:

But if that doesn’t work, the aforementioned Moonstruck scene is great. And (having never been inside one), I figure it’s probably about the most accurate as well.

–Cliffy

I think The Legend of Zorro has what you’re looking for.

Antonio Banderas’s Zorro needs a quick hiding place, finds the confessional booth and Catherine Zeta Jones’s character –naturally- shows up for her confession.

Certainly suitable for most audiences.