Movies you've seen recently

I saw a few movies over the weekend.

False Positive (Netflix) - I don’t know why I even attempted this one as birth / pregnancy stories have no interest for me and this one was no different. I ended up only watching about a half hour but Pierce Brosnan as the “brilliant but unconventional” doctor was worth it.Just watch him lube up that speculum I also was quite put off by the lead actress, though I can’t put my finger on why. I won’t go so far as to say “avoid it” because I think there are some good elements and the subject matter might be more interesting to other folks.

Apostle (2018) Good, scary period piece with Dan Stevens as a failed missionary who travels undercover to a remote island to rescue his sister who is being held there by a religious cult.
Interesting premise and some great performances, especially by Michael Sheen. There’s one scene that is especially gory.

Spell (Hulu, I think) - A captive situation a la Misery, with Loretta Devine doing a wonderfully sadistic turn as a “root worker” (Hoodoo practitioner). Not the most original but I thought it was spooky fun.