MP's are assholes

Millitary Police are given way too much power for their age/rank.

It’s 3AM and I’m “designatedly” driving someone home. An older Corvet passes me going to opposite direction, driving at least 70 MPH in a 15 MPH zone. He hits a bump, catches air, and by no other possibility other than an act of god is able to turn the wheel and slam on the brakes in such a way the he screeches to a spinning halt stopping no more than 2 inches from a parked car.

Three feet later make a right turn and the lights flip on behind me. This 18 year old arrogant prick pulls me over, tells me I roled through a stop sign, and gives me a ticket. Maybe I was in the wrong. Maybe he just didn’t see the corvet. Maybe I don’t care…

MP’S, as a collective, are a bunch of power happy assholes.

Corvette. Plastic pig. Please spell car names right. Thank you.

okey, butt onle sinse you ascked sew nisley.

I thought for sure that someone else was mad at all the Ministers of Parliament.

You know you can’t spell wimp without MP. Or so my husband says.
I had a friend of mine that was an MP and he admitted that they used to purposefully fuck with people.
If they pulled you over for your driving and think you were drinking, the one guy would pull out two dimes and a nickle and toss them on the gound and then ask the person to pick up the quarter. The minute they bent over they busted them.

In the Canadian Armed Forces, the military police are referrred to as “Meatheads.”

'Nuff said…

I knew I wasn’t alone. Want to hear another story?
:confused: ::wonders where everyone is going:: :confused:

One of these guys had the nerve to come to MY barracks, WHILE ON DUTY, looking for a place to party. He was stroling around from group to group for about an hour…DRINKING…and then he and his squad car drove on there merry way. I was appauled.

Believe me,their power is extremely limited. I don’t know your base regs, but at my “old” base (Charleston NavSta) the tickets had no monitary fine,only a restriction of base driving priveledges after a certain amount of “offenses”. After so many points they would make you park off base and walk to your duty station.
All you have to do is protest the ticket.They will schedule a date to meet with the “magistrate”.The system is so clogged that by the time I was scheduled to appear I had already changed duty stations.

So stall 'em.

And you did not call the duty officer?

You’re as much to blame for allowing this to continue as the MP was for comitting the offense. For Shame!

[QUOTE]

• Originally posted by Manservant Hecubus
    And you did not call the duty officer?

You’re as much to blame for allowing this to continue as the MP was for comitting the offense. For Shame!

[QUOTE]

Call the Duty Officer, and wake the poor guy up? I didn’t have the heart.

You’re probably right though, I’m not sure what the reason for my not saying anything at the time was, but the way things work around here, it probably wouldn’t have made a difference.

What do you mean “wake the poor guy up?” He’s supposed to already be awake. That’s the whole concept of standing watch. In my initial enlistment, I was in the Army and stood Charge of Quarters watches that lasted 24 hours. Sleeping on said watch was a violation of the UCMJ.

Are you also unfamiliar with the provisions of the UCMJ? Are you not familiar with your responsibilities, both as to general military and specific position? What’s that bit about “the way things work?” Are you also unfamiliar with the Inspector General system?

I hope you’re not an NCO. From where I sit (retired Petty Officer First Class), you’re certainly a bad example of one, if you are an NCO.

BTW, it’s not YOUR barracks: It’s the unit barracks. You’re merely assigned to a bunk and attendant space there. (FWIW, the family quarters aren’t the military sponsor’s either: the quarters are assigned to the family.) You were derelict in the performance of your general military duty by not notifying the Duty Officer of both events you related.

[QUOTE]

• Originally posted by Monty
    What do you mean “wake the poor guy up?” He’s supposed to already be awake. That’s the whole concept of standing watch. In my initial enlistment, I was in the Army and stood Charge of Quarters watches that lasted 24 hours. Sleeping on said watch was a violation of the UCMJ.

Are you also unfamiliar with the provisions of the UCMJ? Are you not familiar with your responsibilities, both as to general military and specific position? What’s that bit about “the way things work?” Are you also unfamiliar with the Inspector General system?

I hope you’re not an NCO. From where I sit (retired Petty Officer First Class), you’re certainly a bad example of one, if you are an NCO.

BTW, it’s not YOUR barracks: It’s the unit barracks. You’re merely assigned to a bunk and attendant space there. (FWIW, the family quarters aren’t the military sponsor’s either: the quarters are assigned to the family.) You were derelict in the performance of your general military duty by not notifying the Duty Officer of both events you related

[QUOTE]

Chill out, man. No need to get worked up over nothing.

I am aware that the duty officer is not supposed to sleep. I guess I should have been more clear with my sarchasm.

I am familiar with UCMJ as well as any responsibility that is bestowed apon me. I allready pointed out that I probably should have said something, but I didn’t. Niether did anyone else.

I, fortunately, am not an NCO. This is why alot of the complaints that I make are not taken seriously.

Thank you for clerifying that the barracks don’t belong to me. I’ll be sure never to make this mistake again.
-sarchasm-

You shouldn’t have probably said something. You are required by general order to have said something. If your report is not investigated, you are required to escalate. The chain of command is clearly defined in every branch of the military for reasons such as these.

I think I’ve covered this a couple of times before but I’ll just say it again.

I WAS WRONG! I know I was wrong. Lock me up and throw away the key. OK, now that I’ve been imprisoned for the rest of my life, maybe we can quit bringing up the allready played-out fact that I made a mistake.

I know I am subject to a certain amount of critisism, me being the one who started the thread and all, but the fact that I mildly violated the second general order doesn’t make it my fault that the situation took place to begin with.

It’s about me getting a ticket and wanting to let off steam through a little constructive typing. I think “The way things work” might have been a Rod Stewart song.

Nice “sarchasm”.

Have you done anything of merit? Have you made any effort to show that you have regret that you did not follow the orders that you swore, under oath, to follow?

Until you do so, expect much, much more criticism. Unless you’re caught. Then, you should expect a reduction in rank, as well as a bad conduct discharge.

First of all, I don’t remember ever having suggested that I regret not tattling on him. All I said was that I was wrong.

Second off, I’m guessing, from your passionate statement about “swearing under the oath”, that you are prior millitary. Things might have changed a little since you were in. Punishments such as reduction in rank and bad conduct discharges are reserved for crimes to the caliber of drug offences and going AWOL.

As far as the Criticism, I didn’t mean to imply that it bothers me. Lay it on, man. It gives me something to do at night while I’m sitting in the barracks (that aren’t mine, by the way) being a bad soldier who deserves nothing less than a lashing and an article 15.

P.S. Curse my misspelling inclination

Your use of “tattling” and the general statements that nothing you can do would make a difference speak volumes. Apathy breeds.

And, things haven’t changed that much, chief. Your guess isn’t far off the mark, but that does not mean that I am no longer familiar with the articles of the UCMJ.

I don’t know about MH, but as I said above I am.

Yeah, all of 14 months ago.

This is incorrect. Hie down to the Battalion PAC, or better yet the base JAG, and check the published punishments. You might also want to check that prominently displayed copy of the punitive articles of the UCMJ that every military unit in the United States has.

What I think, as a Petty Officer and formerly a Noncommissioned Officer, that you need is a good counselling session. Verbal should do well. Nothing illegal and nothing punitive. It’s obvious to me that your chain of command has either (a) tried to educate you and you ignored that or (b) they’ve tried to educate you and finally gave up.

Since you’re laying claim to “my barracks” please explain which lease agreement or purchase document transferred ownership to you. This is an important point because under that very same UCMJ, the chain of command has the right, nay the duty, to search those assigned quarters to maintain health and welfare of all personnel assigned to the barracks. Come to think of it, what’s with the CQ who didn’t report the drunk anyway?

Lashing, btw, is prohibited in the United States Armed Forces. But if you’d actually read the UCMJ or even paid attention in Basic, you’d already know that.

I’m guessing here: you’re how far away from ETS? Six months?

As to a lot of your complaints not being taken seriously:

[list=1]
[li]Any complaint brought to the attention of either the chain of command or the Inspector General is required, by regulation, to be investigated.[/li][li]Any false complaint brought to the attention of either the chain of command or the Inspector General also is investigated. If found to be false, and especially if found to be malicious, the complainant shall be interviewed and, if needed, the matter will be disposed of under the provisions of the UCMJ.[/li][li]The rank or rate of the complainant has nothing to do with any of the above.[/li][/list=1]

IMHO: You’re catching grief in this thread because you’re comming across as a cry-baby.

BTW: If memory serves, MP vehicles are equipped with two-way radios. Perhaps the MP who stopped you also saw the [sub]other [sub]Relax - it’s a joke![/sub][/sub] miscreant and radioed the appropriate information to the Desk Sergeant.