MPSIMS has gotten a minor rename to “Miscellaneous and Personal Stuff I Must Share”

The existing name is Mundane Pointless Stuff I Must Share (MPSIMS)

But the “Mundane Pointless” has been an issue with Breaking News and Death Notices of members being in this forum.

The suggestion came from Irishman.

The Mods and Ed agreed it was an excellent change and we like the fact the acronym remains the same.

This thread is open for comment.

ETA: The change should happen within the week, but maybe as soon as Sunday.

That’s a great solution to a long time issue.

A creative and appropriate renaming!

I am mundane, and sometimes pointless, but nonetheless, I endorse this change.

I like this. MPSIMS the acronym is far more important to me than what it stands for, so since that isn’t changing, I can pretend this is the same board is was 20+ years ago, just with different people and different threads.

^^^
This.

Most excellent!

Leave in the “A” for MAPSIMS, or is that too close to some video game I’m not familiar with?

Hooray for an excellent TPTB decision and heartfelt kudos to @Irishman for such a neat clean side-effect free suggestion.

Good call

Still pronounced “Mipsims”, right?

It’s “Emm-PEE-sims” to me. You? Who can say? :Shrugging-shoulders:

Still pronounced the same way you always did, though I use EmPeeSims.

I see LSLGuy is a scholar and a Gentleman. I understand there are few of us left.

I am sensing a bit classism against us Rogues and Ruffians. :grin:

Mip-sims.

So let it be written. So let it be pronounced.

I’m on Team EmPee

Is it really “Miscellaneous and Personal Stuff I Must Share”, or would “Miscellaneous or Personal Stuff I Must Share” be better?

You can write and pronounce however you want, silenus. I’m gonna be with the cool kids pronouncing it the way it’s always been pronounced* - Emm Pee Sims. :grin:

* At least among the old timers I met long ago

I always pronounced it mumpsimus

Somehow it seems appropriate for this place.