MPSIMS has gotten a minor rename to “Miscellaneous and Personal Stuff I Must Share”

I like it! An elegant solution that preserves the all-important vibe. (I know it probably feels like I just got here, but I’ve legit been around and lurking for like 15 years.)

Bad, bad, bad in a good way!!
:smiling_face:

MP Sims, featuring Hiphopopotamus and the rhyming rhymnoceros

You win. You totally win. I for one have pitched Emm-PEE-sims to the ashheap of history. I welcome our new mumpsimus overlords.

The origin story for this will be part of Board lore long after the goat and squid have been forgotten. All hail @Derleth’s remarkable perspicacity.

As the former operator of a website called The Encyclopedia of Pointless, I am deeply offended. I strenuously object to this blatant erasure of Pointlessness.

As a normal human adult, I’m cool with it.

Agreed, it doesn’t change the MPSIMS acronym like it did with the change from GQ to FQ.

I approve!

A good solution, and you can tell because of 26 replies so far, not one has been seriously outraged. Thanks, Irishman, mods and Ed, for making this happen.

Thank you so much for this change, I love this board.

I’ve always pronounced it “Baba Booey.” But then again, I’ve got a real flat nasally Michigan accent. ymmv.

I felt the change was unnecessary, but I celebrate it because it means we no longer have to see the annual thread complaining about the name.

Now if only we could rename “Daylight Saving Time” as easily. :wink:

Mundane Pointless Time I Must Spend.

It’s clearly “emp-sims.”

And I like how “miscellaneous” enfolds both “mundane and pointless.”

This post will make 34 (unless somebody sneaks in ahead of me) and I agree.

– I’ve avoided pronouncing it at all. However, if I should have to, Mumpsimus seems like a good way to go. @Derleth, thanks for the word!

I came here to post the joke. GMTA.

Great idea.

I’ve been around long enough that I remember the origin of Mundane Pointless Stuff I Must Share, but damn, that happened a long time ago.

When’s it going to happen ?
(I’ll need to get all my affairs in order first.)

Hopefully this answers your question.

Huh?
Are some of the mods in April 1st Time Zones?

You’re in luck - it does !!