Mr. Pibb is the fucking SHIZZNIT!! Why don't any stores carry it anymore?

Oh, you want a Coke product that’s still around and deserves a raised eyebrow…TAB.

It’s still there.

I’ve seen it in places.

on a doctor pepper shot you drop a shot glass of amaretto in a mug of beer and light the amaretto …

Its the best way to drink beer

I shudder in righteous horror every time I see that vile stuff on a shelf somewhere. Sometimes tradition sucks, as SPOOFE so correctly implied. That granddaddy of diet sodas has got to be the most vile stuff ever created and for years it was the only thing I could ever find in my mother’s refrigerator.

It was like drinking battery acid ( but on some hot days you just have to have something carbonated ).

• Tamerlane

I’m a pepper. The…fucking…end. :slight_smile:

For a coke I always like RC. For a pepper I like pepper untill I went cheap to Dr Thunder then I was awakened to Mr P…

Ahhhhhhhhh When I feel like a king and can do the sugar, Mr P it is. When I need the diet I do Diet RC which as the ‘Splenda™’ which helps mucho in the anti-aspertame direction which is a BAD direction so… uh … where…??? Wah? …

Never mind.

I’m not sure, ** GusNSpot**, but I think you need to lay off the Jolt.

Phlip, I would be happy to set up a cooperative relationship with you, in which I would supply you with your sought-after Mr. PiBB.

The question is… what do you have that I want?

-BK

Ohio chimes in here.

Only place I can find the stuff is in a fountain at the University of Toledo’s Student Union Wendy’s. And THAT boys and Girls makes the stuff special. I go to the University once a year to go to BASH CON (Gaming con) There I will get the traditional Wendy’s meal wich I usualy share with his most High Plaidness (defender of all things SPAM, bearer of the Velvetta grenades) this MUST include the elusive PiBB.

It’s almost Holy, you know?

I don’t like colas. I dring the Doc because it is low in caffine, and I try to avoid migranes at all costs.
Shasta soda co. has it’s own variant of this soda which is pretty good. IIRC it is called Dr.Sweet (or is that Aldi’s?) I found it for 20 cents for a 24 ounce bottle at the local “Big Lots” What a deal!
The fact that I can ONLY find PiBB stuff at a fountain is rather annoying as everyone knows, Fountain drinks have a tendancy to taste slightly different than the bottled versions. I avoid fountain Doc. It’s usualy watered down and chemical tasting YeechSo What does the bottled PiBB taste like? Like the fountain? Stronger flavored and less sweet as Coke is to Pepsi?

Just Curious

remeber the coke knock off of mountain dew “mellow yellow”?

When i tried surge thats what i thought of

Do they still have surge ?

I’m still trying to decide which is lamer,
that you admitted to drinking Mr Pibb, or that you used the word “shizznit.”

Okay folks, it’s panic time in the South.

They have replaced all my Mr Pibb, with Pibb XTRA.

I am not pleased. The parent company has recieved a scathing email. I am certain they don’t give a rat’s ass.

Yechhhh.

Dr. Pepper and Mr Pibb are both disgusting. They taste like diluted, carbonated cough syrup. Not even the GOOD cough syrup.

What pisswes me off is when you go to a resataurant and ask for root beer and they give you a Dr. Pepper and act as if they are the same. THE ONLY SIMILARITIES THEY HAVE ARE CARBONATED WATER AND SUGAR. Thier is nothing worse than picking up your glass expecting rootbeer and getting a whiff of that repulsive, vile, liquid.

Cherry Coke does not taste like Dr. Pepper either, Cherry Coke is the true Shizznit. Wild Cherry Pepsi is worse than Dr. Pepper.

[sub]This post brought to you buy Mblackwell’s pointless post of the day,inc.[/sub]

I have never in my 25 year life EVER had anyone try to give me a Dr. Pepper (aka pisswater) as a sub for a root beer.

You speak of it as though it is common. Do others have this problem?

Yeah, but they started being sold at Ralphs after my dad died. Bummer. :frowning:

It has happened about 5 times in my 20 year life, and about another 5 times they have asked if Dr. Pepper is OK when I asked for root beer. Most fo these times were at semi-nice restaurants my grandparents would take me too when I was younger.

Isn’t anybody around here old?

Gads, so persnickity about pop…

Now TAB™, Cholate Soldiers™, Those are bad.

I don’t know about Cholate Soldiers™, but TaB is the nectar of the Gods. Sure, it doesn’t taste all that great, but it is THE soft drink of choice.

Something about that particular beverage can wake me up and keep me perky all day. I always bring a six pack (or two) of it when I go on driving trips. I once drove from L.A. to Sequoia National Park and back IN A DAY thanks primarily to the Miracle Beverage Known As TaB. (I think we left at 8 am, got back at midnight.) TaB also got me from Petaluma Calif (N. of S.F.) to San Diego in one day.

So don’t you go dissing TaB, dammit.

(BTW, it’s still available - or at least it was a few months ago, when I got a six pack. Read this Exciting TaB website.)