Mr. Rogers... DEAD?!?!

Does anyone else thinks Mr. Rogers dying is appalling? I thought he’d never die. And how many pairs of shoes does he have exactly? (correction: did have) I want them. All. Shoooooooeeeessss… I wonder how big his feet are… Crazy, but hey… I have been brainwashed by his singing and the constant changing of shirts and shoes. :eek:

Mr Rogers was, quite possibly, the most stand-up guy that the entertainment industry has ever seen.

He shall be missed, along with his sweaters.

Most of his sweaters were knitted by his mom.

I thought those were cardigans?

Babs,

The Rogers purist.

Who was Mr. Rogers?

:eek:

Oh, dear… Everyone should get to know the childhood joy that is Mr. Rogers’ Neighborhood, I think; he’s right up there with The Muppet Show (Hm. Jim Henson’s dead as well… I’m sensing a disturbing pattern here.).

Google “Fred Rogers children”; you’ll find out all about the illustrious Mr. Rogers & his children’s show.

…Or have I been thoroughly wooshed?

:dubious:

Nope, as my girlfriend refers to them, they are “Mr. Roger’s sweaters”.

Who?

It’s such a good feeling to know you’re alive.
It’s such a happy feeling: You’re growing inside.
And when you wake up ready to say,
“I think I’ll make a snappy new day.”
It’s such a good feeling, a very good feeling,
The feeling you know that we’re friends.
:frowning:

Poor ol’ Mister Rogers. Let him R.I.P. He will be miss dearly. If you DON’T know who he is… What the hell were you watching when you were kids?! Do you own a tv set at all?

Well, Lobelia seems to be from Ireland, so she -like myself- may not know who mr. Rogers was. I know now, after having read about it on the boards, but I didn’t know beforehand.

If you live outside of the US it’s completely understandable if you didn’t know who Mr. Rogers was. :slight_smile:

this is kinda updeat for the pit

We’re BBQing stomach cancer–damn you, you bastard stomach cancer…HOW DARE YOU TAKE AWAY OUR MR. ROGERS!!! We’re gonna kick your ass someday, stomach cancer, hopefully.

This may come as a shock to some folk, but actually nobody gets to live forever. Even Mr Rogers. Whoever he is.

Yeah, but it’s a shock when it happens to some folk, knowwhutimean? The man had serenity down to an art form. I realize there’s no cultural frame of reference I can give ya…

Just the cacklings of a corvid…

-Rav

:frowning:

Quoth the Raven. He’s never more.