msn not so free anymore

I got a year of free Internet access when I bought my dell. Well, that was over a year ago and now msn wants to charge me 24.95 a month for the Internet. No thankyou. I looked at net zero for $10 a month but I said something about a tool bar that will always be there. Sounds too much like a banner, except that it’s just for netzero. So, what’s the best provider out there? I would like to keep it under$20 a month and have unlimited service. Any opinions?

I’ve always gone with a local ISP supplier. No AOL interface, no MSN, just a dial-up, all-you-can-eat, internet connection. Earthlink offers unlimited access in Wilmington for $21.95 a month. It’s got the advantage of being nationwide so you can dial local numbers in other cities if you travel and still get access.

Currently I’m on cable modem and I love it but it’s around $45/month. It’s good for me as I dumped my second line and local ISP in favor of this. Total cost is about the same.

-B

Netzero, by the way, is so cheap because the bombard you with ads and watch where you go and what you do. If you’re willing to be spied upon and have a “profile” built for marketing purposes, then it’s a cheap alternative.
-B

I use Prodigy’s yearly plan, which comes to about $18.40 a month.