Music That Pumps you Up

When Worlds Collide by Powerman 5000

Word up, Tangent - fits the description perfectly.

I also think the entire ep “Broken” by Nine Inch Nails does the job, as well.

Megadeth, particularly Rust in Peace

And dont forget Circle Jerk’s “I wanna Destroy You!”

Welcome to the Jungle - Guns 'n Roses
Creeping Death - Metallica
One Step Closer - Linkin Park (yeah, I know, so sue me)
Fuel - Metallica

Flogging Molly!

…what?

Hah, yes. Probably not exactly what the OP was looking for, but still… amazing song. I think “Vulnerability” is the Op Ivy song with the best opening, however. Makes me want to jump around every time.

Hmm. Maybe “Identity Crisis” by Thrice. (Though the OP already has plenty of superior suggestions!)

“Debaser” by The Pixies

Ummm… opens up WinAMP

“Kick Out The Jams” done by Henry Rollins and Bad Brains. (You don’t mention your audience. However, unless the audience sucks, you can’t really go wrong with Henry Rollins yelling “Kick out the jams, muthafukkas!”)

Pretty much anything by Me First & The Gimmie Gimmies… of course, if it’s for a theatre group, I gotta suggest their cover of “Science Fiction Double Feature” Then again, for good ol’ comedy, again depending on your audience, “Blowin’ In The Wind” or “Sloop John B” would be good.

“Jesus Built My Hot Rod” by Ministry

“Man, It’s So Loud In Here” by They Might Be Giants

“Take It Off” by The Donnas

“Thunderstruck” by AC/DC

“Monkey vs. Robot” by James Kochalka Superstar

“U-Mass” by The Pixies

“Waving My Dick in The Wind” by Ween. (You could do a Benny Hill spoof during your enterance!)

“Simple Gifts” performed by The Friendly Gangstaz Committee – an honest to God Quaker rap group. www.friendlygangstaz.com

“Bloodclot”, “Sidekick”, “Olympia, WA”, or"The War’s End" by Rancid

Tool
Powerman 5000
Rob Zombie
System Of A Down
I like to work out to all of these. Gets the blood pumpin’!

Anything AC/DC, especially Thunderstruck and TNT.

Another vote for System of A Down

Chic n’ Stu
Bounce
I-E-A-I-A-I-O
Psycho
X
Prison Song
Sugar
Shimmey
Deer Dance
Etc,etc,etc,…

SOAD songs tend to get you pissed and pumped at the same time, so you can do work or chores you hate to do, and it just drives you on until you get it done…Imagine how pumped you’ll be when you’re doing something halfway fun!

Offspring:

Meaning of Life
Staring At The Sun
The Kids Aren’t Alright
All I Want
Come Out Swinging
Million Miles Away
One Fine Day
Come Out and Play

All Offspring songs have pumped-up my kids hockey team every time I played them, very positive music to get the boys hittin’, skating, and scoring…

Go with Metallica’s “Fuel”-“Gimme Fuel, gimme fire, gimme that which I desire”-and you enter! Dressed in armor, cut to more Metallica, “Enter Sandman” this time…cued up a ways into it. “Exit light” (hit the lights-hey! more Metallica if you want to go that route)“Enter night!” (get it?)
If that wouldn’t work, you cannot possibly go wrong with either “Eye of the Tiger” or “Y’all Ready for This.”
Or play AFI “Malleus Maleficarum”
Or Great White “Here I go Again”
Or the theme from 2001

Plowed by Sponge
and a second vote to Sex Type Thing by Stone Temple Pilots

This is a good idea. Only pick some song that most would feel is totally lame. You can come out all dancing and stoked and they will laugh and laugh.

For instance look like you are excited about the macarena or something.

SKA-music! Great for working out. You get easily caught up in the upbeat tempo.

Check out, the Specials and Liberator for examples.

destruction → mad butcher, live version :wink:

Lust for Life - Iggy Pop
Roam - B-52s
Overture - Tommy - The Who
The “You are Forgiven” part of that Who song
No Time this Time - Police
Rock the Casbah - The Clash

Graham Parker - “Pourin’ It All Out”

they would for me, but not in a good way

What about Queen’s ‘We will rock you’? That always gets people pumped. Eminem’s ‘Til I collapse’ has a similar beat and its pretty good too. I kinda like his fight songs.