Music that refuses to leave your head

Stop Me If You Think You’ve Heard This One Before - The Smiths

this song has basically popped into my head upon awakening for over a week straight. I’d be starting to get a little worried if it wasn’t so damn good.

Moved from IMHO to CS.

Hmm, for me it’s “Rusholme Ruffians.”

Oh yeah, Cafe Society–is that one of those “new” forums that I keep hearing about? :wink:

“Delia” by Johnny Cash. I’m strolling around the office, desperately wanting to sing “First time I shot her, I shot her in the side. Hard to watch her suffer, but with the second shot she died.”

I’m spending four months in England, and every time I look at a map, the following pops into my head:

“With the boys from the Mersey and the Thames and the Ty-y-y-y-ne!”

followed by “…we could be in Palestine, overrun by a Chinese line, with the…”

and after a few reruns of that couplet, “But there’s no danger! It’s a professional career!” and so on, until it’s lodged in for a few days. Just when I think I’ve finally banished it from my head, I decide I want to take a weekend break and look at another map.

“…the boys from the Mersey and the Thames and the AAAAAARGH!”

This and this

Muahahaha…

Since we’re clearly on a Smiths trend, I often hear the intro to “The Headmaster Ritual” in my head. That and “Nowhere Fast.”

For the past month, I’ve been whistling the intro to Cream’s ‘Sunshine of your Love’ at odd moments at work.

“It’s getting near dawn…”

Hairdresser on Fire.

And you’re always busy… busy busy… busy clippers, orhhh, arrarrr! Hairdresser on fiahr…

Panic on the streets of London … Panic on the streets of Birmingham … I wonder to myself, could life ever be sane again?

The Over The Rainbow/What a Wonderful World medley by Israel Kamakawiwo’ole has been stuck in my head for weeks. At least I like the song, so it could be worse.

Good crap, that album by The Pipettes is so catchy that it may actually be the root of all evil. The doo wop, and the polka dots, and the strings. It’s just not fair; how am I supposed to fight this?