Music will not play on XP Home

When I try to listen to a saved mp3 I get the following error message:

DLL C:/Program Files/musicmatch/musicmatch jukebox/filecacheMgr.dll is no a valid Windows Image. Please check agains your intallation diskette.

I assume Music Match Jukebox is corrupted. My son had the CD that came with his ipod, and he has no idea where it is.

If I cannot fix it (hope someone will know how) then I need to change the default player to something else. Anyone have any ideas. I have itunes on the computer, but not all songs I have saved are listed in itunes.

I’m sorry to say I don’t know how to fix the problem, but if you end up looking for a new player, you could try Winamp. It’s pretty nice.

Seconded.

Much better than Musicmatch, IMO.

Yes it sounds like MusicMatch is bad. I guess you could download another free version but you would probably be pelted with suggestions to upgrade.
ITuneswill play MP3 but won’t play .wma files. You just need to tell it where the files are stored and make it your default player.

The file filecacheMgr.dll is available on the net (Google), note that different versions probably exist

If you want to go for Winamp you might consider the 2.80/2.81 version, which many believe is the best. The 3.x version was a major failure, and the code in this version has sine migrated to a different player. The 4.x version don’t exist (skipped). 5.x is the current one, and this version can play videos too (actually available from ver. 2.9). The 2.x versions (winamp281_full.exe or winamp280_full.exe) is not available from the official site anymore, Google is your friend.

If sound quality is important to you, you really should get the MAD MP3 plugin for Winamp (only version 2.x), to replace the ordinary MP3 decoder included with the official WiAmp. From:
http://www.mars.org/home/rob/proj/mpeg/mad-plugin/