My bunny and me...

Just what I thought, too. Good luck, kids!

My darling Patrick…I think you know that nothing in the world could make me happier than knowing that YOU are happy. So I am thrilled, ecstatic, dancingaroundtheroominjoyousthrilledness!

Bunny dear…I don’t know you, but since Patrick loves you then I love you too. You are now officially part of MY family, just as HE is.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

All my love and best prayers and wishes for a shining future together…

Cheri

Hey dude! Congratularoonies! Have fun you two crazy kids!

Much congratulations!

Hoep for the best for you guys.

GMU as in George Mason university?

Much congratulations! I feel all squiggly and girly and squealy now.

fiz, have you started randomly holding up your left hand in ‘casual’ positions so that your ring is clearly visible? It’s a common nervous twitch that newly engaged girls are prone to. I still do it, two years later. I can’t wait to start doing it with my wedding ring, too. :smiley:

I feel another girly squeal coming on…

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Be damned, our little boy is growing up!

And, kids, we were in the same situation re:parents when I gave Lady Chance her ring. Be patient and you’ll know when you can tell them. And in the end, it’s your lives…not theirs. When you feel strong enough to tell them and damned to the consequences you’ll be able to do it.

Congrats to both of you! Please keep us in the loop with everything (setting a date, her parents, etc). I’m so happy for you guys!

Jonathan Chance Well it’s good to know we’re not the only ones who have to go through this dreadful situation. I know that the sooner we tell them probably the better I’m just not up to hearing their lectures and their disappointment and the like. By the way they’ll react you’d think I told them I got knocked up or something. It’s not something I’m really looking foward to.

I do hate not being able to wear my ring all the time though.:frowning:

Lissla Lissar I haven’t gotten to wear it much but everytime I do I practice my, “Hello I’m B look at my pretty ring!” hand shake. :wink:

Thanks again everyone for the congrats. If I knew my parents would be as receptive as y’all then I wouldn’t have a thing in the world to worry about!

Best wishes, good luck, and much happiness to you both!

YAY!

Lissla Lissar, one of my friends calls that the Engaged Girl Hand Wave. I’m prone to doing it with my wedding ring now. :smiley:

punha and fizzy, congratulations! It is of course wonderful to see another Doper pair getting together. I swear, this board is better than the sites intended for matchmaking! I joined just because I liked the community here, and found something far better than I ever could have imagined, and so it has been for you as well. May the two of you have a long and happy life together.

Holy crap, I just went awwwwwwwwwwww. And trust me I’m extremely jaded, and never go awwwwwwwwwwww.

Happy, happy, happy engagement.

Honey
You will never see that much emotion from me, ever again.

[hijack regarding engagement ring, also minor brag]
I was talking to a customer at my store a couple of days ago, straightening shirts as I did so, and suddenly she gasped and almost shouted, “That’s beautiful!”. I looked down at the shirts, mildly confused because while they’re nice they’re not spectacular, and she gestured violently towards my left hand, so I held it out.

She fell in love with my ring. I feel so smug. :smiley: It turns out she and her boyfriend have been talking about enagement, and she hasn’t been able to find a single ring she likes. She’s probably going to bring her boyfriend in to the store to see it, so he’ll know what to look for. I think it will take lots of searching- mine is a white gold and filigree (or something) vintage piece.

I feel like I’m on UltimateWedding. Sorry for the hijack. Oooh, this is so cute! And your ring is bloody fantastic, fiz. Got to watch that nervous twitch.

I can’t post anything just now. The screen seems to have this wetness dripping down all over it – or, now that I look elsewhere, the world does. :wink:

Wonderful!! Congratulations to both of you.

So, is this going to be Wedding Dope or what?

Congratulations, 'punha and fizzestothetop. May your lives together be joyful and enriching.

Ah, young love! Best of everything to you both!!

On behalf of the Doors family, congratulations to the both of you!

-Dave, Robin and Aaron

Wow, congrats! I’m all Honey-ey too.

Too bad your parents aren’t dopers too, fizzes. That would make for an interesting way of breaking the news…

Awww… hugs and congratulations to you both.