My cat died today.

I’m so very sorry. Losing a beloved pet is never easy!

I’m so very sorry, avabeth. Sending you hugs… :frowning:

avabeth, I’m so sorry. I remember what you wrote in that recent thread about when it was time to put an aged, ailing pet to sleep, about how your parents would call you and have you come when it was your kitty’s time. I’m sorry that you weren’t able to be with her, but I’m also magining her comfortably curled into a familiar spot where she often lay, with the sun shining warmly on her as she peacefully passed in the home where she felt love and caring for so many years.

I hope that maybe such an idea is comforting. Take care, avabeth.

I think she was. My mom said she found her over the air conditioning vent in her favorite spot. I’m happy for her. I know she’s not in pain any more, and that’s good, I just wish I’d been with her, you know? I think that’s the hardest part.

StGermain, I wanted to say thank you for that quote. It did help.

And aruqvan, I’m sorry I didn’t tell you how sorry I am about your baby last night. I hope your cat is chasing squirrels with mine.

I found the last picture I took with her last summer, and it’s also my favorite. I had two friends visiting for the weekend and one brought her tiara collection to play around with for our girls’ slumber party. She snapped me with Izzy in my arms and a tiara on my head. And all I have to do is look at Izzy’s face to know that she was happy.

Izzy

Ava

Avabeth - Wow! She was a cat and a half. And beautiful. You were lucky to have her.

StG

So sorry, I know what that’s like. :frowning:

One time, a couple of weeks after I lost my fellow of over sixteen years, I awakened in the middle of the night for some reason. As I lay in bed trying to fall back asleep I actually felt him jump up on the end of the bed, pad down to where I was and curl up against the small of my back. I know I wasn’t dreaming just as I know I wasn’t totally awake either. It most probably was my mind playing back some old memory dredged up from the dusty past. But anyway, I felt better after that and I’d like to believe that our fuzzy friends look in on us now and then.

We are so sorry for your loss ava. May your memories of her bring you comfort.

~ kfl and Upside_Down_Amber