My dad is dying.

All of the replies are helping, actually. At first I felt a little sef-concsious posting something so personal, but y’all have helped. I have 3 sisters who live in the same city as mom and dad, and another sister who lives in Oklahoma and a brother in California (yep, you counted right, that’s 6 kids!). The other out-of-staters and myself are planning on going up to see him the weekend after Memorial Day- I hope all of us decending on him at once doesn’t wear him out too much.

They are going to have a home health-care provider starting later this week.  Dad says he's not in too much pain right now, he just feels tired and weak, and doesn't feel like eating much.  And **Matt,** thanks for the suggestion- I've already ordered the book from Amazon.

Katie, my mother was the same way. We really got on her to eat, which was the completely wrong thing to do. The body loses its appetite in an attempt to “starve” the tumor, and all it does is make everyone miserable when the patient actually can’t eat. You may get different info from your healthcare providers, but this is what we were told. Good luck to all of you.