My Email to the Pope.

A little while back I sent the following email to the new pope:

As you can see, I sent it in April. And I still haven’t received a reply yet. Should I feel a little insulted. I know the pope probably receives alot of email, and can’t reply to all of it. But what decides whether he will reply to an email or not. And why hasn’t he replied to mine yet. (If he does ever reply, I might place an update in this thread.)

:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Jim B.]
But what decides whether he will reply to an email or not. And why hasn’t he replied to mine yet.

[QUOTE]

Such are things that we are not meant to know, my son.

But seriously, I think he just draws a couple out of his big hat every morning.

I doubt that the Pope gets a lot of time to reply to individuals’ emails. If you want a swift reply you’d be better off approaching someone local. In this case if he did he’d probably just refer you to the Catechism of the Catholic Church:

Para 1935

The equality of men rests essentially on their dignity as persons and the rights that flow from it:
Every form of social or cultural discrimination in fundamental personal rights on the grounds of sex, race, color, social conditions, language, or religion must be curbed and eradicated as incompatible with God’s design.

Para 2358:

The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. [They do not choose their homosexual condition; for most of them it is a trial.] This inclination, which is objectively disordered, constitutes for most of them a trial. They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided.

Well, heh.

So… you’re officially excommunicated if you decide to join up with the Protestants, but discrimination against other religions is a bad thing?

[/$0.02]

So…what constitutes unjust discrimination? Or, rather, just discrimination? Maybe if it’s “just discrimination” and not “discrimination along with outright violence,” that’s okay.
Gotta love that wacky church.

Well, when I look for someone to marry, I’m probably gonna stick with heterosexuals. Is that unjust of me?

I’ll say. The smoke at Mado is murder on the complexion, and the former tricks are thick on the ground.

But nobody said being enchawnted would be easy… sigh

I wrote to the previous Pope, when he said something nasty about gays or atheists, I don’t even remember. I think my letter consisted of, “Ohhhh—you old Pope, you!”

That got him told.