My fellow Red Sox fans: That's it. We're fucked.

Hideki Matsui is one of the few baseball players to ever appear in a Godzilla movie. We should all appreciate this special goodness for what it is.

((Cameo: Godzilla versus (Against?) Mechagodzilla, 2003. GREAT movie.))

They can still do it, but they choose not to. Maybe the cables tend to jam? Anyway, I’m referring to the period after the Olympics but before the completion of the tower that the roof hangs from - it looked just as sad in person as it always did on TV.

No argument there.

I think it tears the fabric roof. It can be done, but it takes a lot of effort, like a full day of work.

Recap of Saturday’s Yankees-Red Sox game.

Sept. 25, 2004

It’s not fine you phucktard. The Yankees have the Red Sox so whipped that they think it’s ok for the Yanks to clinch as long as it’s not at Fenway. Hey Damon, the Yankees play only 10 of their 162 (6.17%) games at Fenway this year. Odds are pretty high they would not clinch at Fenway, Einstein. While Damon is thinking it’s fine that the Yankees will clinch somewhere else; the Yankees are thinking it’s fine the Red Sox won’t clinch at all. It’s akin to thanking someone because they cut off your legs but spared your life. The Sox celebrate a mid-July, 9th-inning come from behind victory over 35-games-under, last place Seattle much the way the Yanks celebrate a World Series clinching win. Is a first-round loss to Minny not too unconceivable?

Wow. Talk about missing the point.

The previous 7 times they played in Boston this year, they were not in a position to take the division, so your math, while impressive, was pointless. Prior to Saturdays game, the Yankees magic number to clinch the division was four. Any combination of Yankees wins and Sox losses totalling four makes the Yanks the AL East Champion. If NY had won Saturday, their magic number is halved, and a sweep means they clinch the division at Fenway. The clinch was not possible after the loss Saturday.

I think Damon was alluding to the fact that whatever happens to the Yankees after they leave Boston Sunday night is out of their hands. They took care of business this weekend, which is looking after their Wild Card lead first, the Divsion Championship second. All they can do now is win out (they haven’t been at their best against TB) and hope the Yankees play no better than .500, then they will have the division.

I think Damon was being fairly realistic in his assumption that the Yankees are at least one game better than .500 the rest of the way, which is all it’s going to take, regardless of whatever Boston does.

Having said that, Minnesota will be swept in the first round, whoever they play.

Go Sox!

You are expecting the best pitching staff in the American League to give up that easily?

Sorry, but no team is a favourite to beat Johann Santana on any night.

The math being pointless was the point! The Sox are more concerned where the Yanks clinch than the fact that they are in a position to clinch and not the Sox. If not for the wildcard, the Sox would not have seen playoffs since 1995. The real point is that the Red Sox should be more concerned with how they consistently waste some of the best team talent in baseball every year than being gratified because the Yanks don’t clinch at Fenway. Damon didn’t have a point. He was expressing his bitterness and frustration with both the Yankees and the Red Sox’s amazing choke-i-tude. Sure, they’ll win the division for the 7th straight year, and we’ll finish 2nd for the 7th straight year, but you didn’t clinch at Fenway, ha ha. As far as the Sox ‘taking care of business this weekend,’ well, they were just getting back the business they gave away last weekend, when they really could have taken care of business. And the Sox can no longer rely on Pedro to win any game against the Yanks in the playoffs.

I told you he sucked. I’m from Philly, remember?

Not entirely true. Pedro cannot be counted on for a complete game victory against the Yankees in the playoffs (hell, against any team any point in the season, for that matter). He is getting older, and is good for 7 innings, tops. He should never ever see an 8th inning unless he’s in the midst of a no-hitter. Both Friday and last October, Pedro was in line for the win after the 7th inning. He went into the 8th and blew both. It’s not so much that the Yankees are his daddy, it’s his failure to check the ego and say “Skip, I gave my all for 7 innings, I don’t know if I have enough for the 8th.”

“Let Pedro pitch the 8th” is rapidly gaining on “Never get involed in a land war in Asia” as the most classic blunder of all time.