My first pit thread: SenorBeef

Dear SenorBeef,

Lick my shriveled tranny balls. Some dudes would pay a lot of money to do this on Santa Monica Blvd., but – lucky you! – I’m inviting you to do it for free. Hurry! For obvious reasons, this offer won’t last long! Yes, I made a tranny joke, and I don’t give a flip of a wooden nickel. I have every right to be complicit in my own oppression.

https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?p=21687170#post21687170

Gay rights are “probably” worth it? Who the fuck are you to make that judgment? You can “probably” go fuck your hat.

“Ohhhh maybe it’s 0.25%… I dunno… I’m SenorBeef and I happened to pull this number out of my puckered sphincter. Wow, what a coincidence that it’s about the number found in the Gates study. Oh wait, it’s apparently 0.5%, the number that apparently is in a lot of the more recent studies. In any case, it’s not a lot of people. A rounding error, really.”

If your personal experience comes from interacting with the tumblr communities, your personal experience is about as substantial as my load, and I shoot blanks.

I don’t suffer a medical problem. I suffer a SenorBeef problem.

“I’m not saying we should consider using the oppressed as a bargaining chip… oh forgive me, that’s exactly what I’m saying.”

Hey Zeno, why don’t you take your slippery slope, reductio ad absurdum horseshit and slap yourself with it? I’m not “playing their game”, and my rights aren’t “political theater”. It’s my fucking life.

Stop backpedaling. Freely admit that you think I’m disposable. You’re in good company.

Having a child is the most environmentally costly thing one can do. Which demographics have the fewest children? Oh, the gays and the trannies whom you’re throwing under the bus. Seriously, don’t blame the woman who’s sterilized herself.

Guess how many trans kids I know who’ve dropped out of college because their families disowned them.

In most states, I can be fired for being trans.

Oh sweet Jesus. You absolute moron. You do not know the first thing about how difficult it is for trans people to get adequate health care. We are routinely denied service, not because of religious or personal convictions, but because doctors are unfamiliar with our health. I’m not talking about hormones or surgery. I’m talking about the run-of-the-mill basic care that everyone gets. Like I take estradiol. My estrogen levels are rather high, and this affects mood, vasodilation, wound healing and scar formation, blood clotting, etc. Do you know how many doctors don’t want to touch that? Now what if I’m on ethinyl estradiol? Or Premarin? Or Depo-Provera instead of micronized prog? Do you know how often we have to inform our doctors about how to treat us?

My friends hoard hormones and needles. Do you remember the estradiol shortage? Have you had a pharmacist refuse to fill your prescription because they didn’t agree with you? Have you ever switched insurance providers, and then been told that the medication you’ve been taking for years won’t be provided until you go through a lengthy “gender assessment”? Do you have to order your medication from sketchy fly-by-night operations? Have you ever smuggled hormones across the Mexican border? (I have).

How many trans women do you know with electrolysis scars? I have about 200 of them in my face. I’m now an electrologist who gives free work to people in the community specifically so others don’t go through what I’ve been through. I’m organizing a free therapy group with a friend of mine who works as a gender counselor. What the fuck are you doing with regard to health care access?

Hey, if you get admitted to the ER, are you assumed to have a drug problem? A sexually-transmitted disease? Do you get used as a teaching aid, even if your concern has nothing to do with your genitalia? Do you worry that, if you’re in a car accident, the paramedics will just let you bleed out in the street? Do you know how many of your doctors fetishize you? Have you been groped by your doctor, and you just put up with it because you don’t have another option within 100 miles? Do you know of any endocrinologists that have fled the country because she accidentally killed two of her patients? Does your community have a doctor with the nickname “Butcher Brown”? Have you ever seen hair grow inside a vagina due to medical incompetence? If you have surgery, are you worried that your surgeon will carve your severed genitalia into the shape of a heart and post it on Instagram for Valentine’s Day? Do you think I’m making any of this up?

When our concerns make it to the mainstream news or to the Senate floor for debate, do you have any idea how sanitized they are?

I can think of another group of people who blame the world’s ills on us disgusting trannies. You’re no different than them, and you all can suck a glistening turd from my blown-out asshole. Seriously, don’t you something better to do than bash us? Like a Tarantino movie to watch? Or some ill-fitting jeans to wear? Or some toenails to not cut? I don’t know what you bigots do in your free time. Just do it away from me. Christ on a cracker.

Charlotte

LOL oh shit.

In my defense, being cast aside by some disgusting utilitarian calculus due to a condition that I’ve desperately tried to wish away since childhood makes me Very Angry.

Zotti’s gone; I think you’re good!

LOL oh thank Jesus.

I endorse this pitting. Senorbeef is your typical smug Bernie Bro.

I supported SenorBeef in that thread, so I submit to having my balls licked also. Send a gorgeous lesbian please. Airfare not included.

What you have to ask yourself is:
Would you like to have Trump running the White House until 2024, with a McConnell Senate? – Trannie haters, every one?
Or
Would you rather have the D’s back in charge, albeit with some lukewarm on trannie rights?
The coming election is very important for America and the world. It is not a sure thing.

Before we can start refurbishing the passenger and dining cars, we’ve got to pull this train out of the mud and get it back on the tracks.

This is a goddamned good old fashioned pitting.

You know what that reminds me of? “Women, just be patient about voting while we get a few rights for black people.” Hello? It’s all the same fucking thing. Everyone counts or no one counts.

PS: OP, great rant!

I seriously doubt that Donald Trump is going to win or lose an election based on trans rights. There are a lot of things that I’m willing to support for the sake of optics, but sacrificing people’s rights isn’t one of them. That doesn’t mean we have to make it a campaign centerpiece or talk about it all the time, but I don’t think Democrats are.

If Democrats want to make overtures to white christians in rural America maybe they could tell the ACLU or activists to stop going to court over nativity displays on public property. Like who gives a fuck? Your local courthouse isn’t oppressing you or forcing you to become a Christian by putting up a Christmas tree. Maybe start joining conservatives by sticking up for them against that kind of shit.

But Democrats lose when they join with conservatives in sacrificing other people’s freedom and basic human dignity. Take a look at the abortion debate. What has being moderate on abortion rights done for moderate Democrats? There can be no moderation when defending people’s civil liberties - progressives must give abso-fucking-lutely no quarter.

So in you mind that justifies throwing trans people under the train to do so? Seems wrong to me. Seems to me, we should be able to do both; defeat Trump/McConnell and not abandon our principals of fairness and equality by not relegating a group of people as mere decorative improvements.

Thank you.

Succinctly, perfectly well stated.

Yeah, you’re golden. Anything goes now, except of course for hate speech.

Listen up, motherfuckers!

Spelling and grammar mistakes notwithstanding. :smack:

Just a note, YOU are going to be the one doing the licking, not getting licked, by a lesbian or otherwise.

Who carez abt speling and grammer?

Pittee is one, and this goes for all of them: Anyone who thinks that it is the Democrats who are hung up on which bathrooms people use is wrong, fucking wrong, to put it in the most charitable terms.

I note that it’s rarely the people whose rights are “controversial” who are supporting the idea of mainstream Democrats quietly dropping advocacy for those rights. It’s usually the privileged who somehow think that tossing people under the bus because they’re not popular with conservatives is a good idea. So I enthusiastically join in on the pitting of both SenorBeef and others who hold that opinion.

Yeah, it’s the same fallacy as we’re talking about in the “trans rights - too much too soon” thread.
http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=876792

Even if we were prepared to toss morality and just throw people under the bus for “strategic” reasons, I don’t believe the realpolitik argument. Most people either have a general inclination to give a shit about respecting the dignity of their fellow humans beings or they don’t. There maybe a greater level of factual ignorance about what it means to be trans than what it means to be black or gay, but the notion that there’s this huge swing vote in people who are generally the allies of civil rights and civilized moral values but “draw the line” at trans rights is horseshit. There’s an enemy that that has always been opposed to giving up any of their privilege and bigotry, and Trumpism has empowered them to express themselves openly. And when they are empowered, nobody is safe.

Of course having some people who are pro-trans in government is better than having all anti-trans people in government.

Unfortunately, that doesn’t even begin to resemble anything in SenorBeef’s argument (if you can even call that transphobic screed an argument).

What he argued was that the the trans issue was less important than everything else because there are so few trans people. He actually argued that half of all trans people are faking, basing that on his “real life.” So he’s a transphobic asshole in public.

He argued that the suffering of trans people doesn’t matter because there are fewer of them than there are black people. So right and wrong is based on numbers. Well, then anything horrible that happens to SenorBeef matters even less, because he’s just one person, and there are more trans people than him. That entire moral reasoning is disgusting.

He also starts railing against the social justice movement, and blaming them for Trump. He uses the right wing slur “identity politics” rather than the real term that isn’t controversial. He talks about SJWs as if they were a real thing and not a strawman created by the right to attack the social justice movement.

He starts arguing that trans people have a medical problem, pulling up part of the history of their oppression to use back at them. It took decades to get transgenderism not labeled as a medical disorder. I’d chalk that up to ignorance, but the rest of his post seems to make it be malicious.

And he tried to argue that somehow fighting for trans rights is exclusive to fighting for other human rights. He can’t get that you can fight for everyone all at once. He’s trying to pit people against trans people, as if fighting for their rights in some way harms theirs.

All of his arguments are the same arguments that could have been used about any oppressed minority. There are always fewer of them than there are of others. That’s what a minority is. But their suffering is no less important than anyone else’s.

It is nothing like your post, which is just saying it’s better to vote for the Party that is at least partly pro-trans. Duh. That’s not remotely at issue. What’s at issue is saying that trans people should stop fighting for their rights because everyone else is more important than them.

Fuck that bastard for even suggesting that shit. Fuck him for thinking that trans people are faking. Fuck him for deciding that some humans are worth more than others. Fuck him for making this place worse for trans people.

Fuck him for trying to pit the Democratic party against trans rights. If this were another decade, he’d be telling black people to sit down, shut up, and stay on the back of the bus.

Sitting down and shutting up only serves whoever is defending the status quo.