My friend died

Almost nineteen years old. Exactly nine days older than me. Daryl was a class clown type, loved to make people laugh. Real popular. On the football team and shit. But at the same time, nice to everyone. He easily gave 50 hugs a day. He had a unique sense of style. The friendliest person I ever knew.

He could identify a sad person a mile away, and cheer them up before they knew what hit them. This was even if he didn’t know the person. Daryl was the only person I knew who could introduce himself to a crying person and make them happier for having talked to them.

It had to be you, kid? I never saw you do anything that wasn’t to make somebody else happy. I never heard a single person say they didn’t like you.

OD’ed on pills and hung himself.

:mad::confused::frowning:

Very sorry to hear this. Sending healing thoughts your way.

So very sorry.

Oh man. So sorry to hear that.

That’s awful. I’m sorry.

I am sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and his family during this difficult time.

Wow. Sorry.

Thanks guys. It’s just so unexpected. His girlfriend had just broken up with him, but jesus. he wasn’t acting any differently.

I had a similar experience when I was younger. He was 19 too. I speak to his parents occasionally and they still wonder why.

Some people are very good at presenting what they want to the world, and you shouldn’t feel bad for not knowing- some things never get easier and losing someone so young is one of those things.

If you can, take care of his family, they are probably in great need and it will make you feel like you are accomplishing something. I’m so sorry for your loss.

What sad news. It is so hard to understand, isn’t it?

I’m so sorry to read this.

My high school friend’s brother handed himself over the same thing- a silly breakup. I just seems so…

wrong. Doesn’t it?

It is so wrong. The world is a little bit darker today. My Facebook feed is clogged with people posting on his page. They must think he can see it. It’s times like this I wish I believed in that sort of thing. I want to feel awful for the girl - she has to live with this forever. But I can’t help being angry with both of them.

I’m so sorry for the loss of your friend. Tell his family what you wrote about him in the OP, they need to know that about him.

So sorry for your loss. Someone I know just did the same thing, though his reasons (however unjustified) were somewhat understandable. He left a lot of sad, angry people behind.

Not to make light, but it really shows that you can never truly know what’s going through someone else’s mind. It is heartbreaking. And all you can really do is learn to listen and try to understand.

It’s not her fault. Breakups are a part of life, not a reason for death.

I’m so sorry. It was probably an impulse, one that would have horrified him the next morning had he not taken those last actions.

Ditto what phouka wrote. Breakups are a painful but mundane part of life, not a reason for something this awful.

I’m so sorry for your loss. This is so terrible.

I am so sorry. You, and your friend’s family, are in my prayer…

I’m so sorry for your loss. What a shame.

My friend also committed suicide last June at age 19, no warning, spur of the moment decision. I knew her a little better than most people, so I understood the ongoing issues she had that led to her making that decision. But she was also one of the most joyful, friendly, affectionate people I have ever met - so full of life, and so beautiful.

Very very sad, my most sincere condolences to you. I lost a friend last year to a similar circumstance. I hope you’re able to keep his memory alive and the joy he spread in your heart. I’m sorry.