My Kids Think That I'm....like...God, or something!

Hee hee…we’re just eating pancakes and watching the Bugs Bunny/Roadrunner Hour. My 4-year old is completely, freakin’ astounded as I flawlessly predict exactly how Wile E. Coyote will screw up catching the Roadrunner.

I casually yawn and tell him in one segment that the Acme Catapult won’t go when he pulls the string…he gets up and jumps on the rock, triggering catapult and off he goes into the canyon!

My god-like powers were further emphasized when the catapult was tried again and Daddy said that this time Wile E. will pull the string and the rock will just roll off the catapult and squash him. You should’ve seen his eyes when it happened. A newfound respect in the superpowers of Daddyman! I bet I can get him to clean up his room a little quicker now that he has seen first-hand how I can make cartoon figures dance to my every whim. :smiley:

Of course, I have watched way too many cartoons in life, a point Mrs. Bluepony never fails to bring up every couple of days. (sigh)

Heh-heh-heh…enjoy it now. Your godlike daddy powers will not last forever!

Heh. I love doing that to my kids. :smiley:

And this is a bad thing how? :smiley:

Captain Daddy’s superpowers are always sorely challenged by his evil nemesis, Weekend Honey-do Mom. Only a concentrated effort of superhuman proportions by Captain Daddy can hope to overcome this menace.

And Weekend Honey-do Mom manages to predict my every move. The foul villainess!!

Excuse me, Captain Daddy? I need your help.

My kids have been watching the same video over and over and over and over and over again. All week. It’s driving me nuts.

It’s Disney’s Oliver and Company.

This doesn’t normally bother me. But this movie…well, it’s Disney’s Oliver and Company, and it sucks, to put it bluntly.

I can handle Blue’s Clues, Elmo, Kipper, and most of the rest of the Disney catalogue. I’ve been trying in vain to get them to watch The Lion King over and over and over and over and over again (because I like that one), but to no avail.

Can you help? Thanks. :smiley:

Warp their little minds, tell them you are god.

clayton, I’ve tried that. But at their ages, 4 and 2, they are still Rebels Without A Clue.

Smite? (oh god I’m going to get flamed for this)

Nah. My husband would wonder where they were. :smiley:

Have them eat Cocoa Puffs for 3 hours, let them out into the yard and tell them whoever hits the most trees gets $5. That oughta keep 'em busy :smiley:

Unfortunately, again thanks to EvilMom, Captain Daddy’s powers are woefully limited in this situation, as well. It has to do something about Quality TV Time With Daddy.

I have viewed every freakin’ episode of Land Before Time repeatedly, while entertaining thoughts of eating a shotgun barrel if I have to hear one more singing dinosaur.
Too bad the Great Meteor didn’t wipe out these stinkin’ lizards before they evolved into the singing stage.

Mmmm, cocoa puffs… that brings back memories.

The tree idea is a good one, but trust me…my kids do NOT need the assistance of Cocoa Puffs. Oh no. There’s a darn good reason why I call them Dianasaurus Rex and Johnzilla. :smiley:

Ah, Persephone.

Johnzilla should spend the day with my son, Joshua the Hun.

HAH! I was forced to watch endless viewings of the Care Bears whilst in Germany as the only station we could get was the AFRTS one…talk about wanting to eat a shotgun barrel…

Xploder

Persephone, get a copy of Balto. There’s no singingin it. At all. It’s great! As for Oliver and Company…uh for a small fee I can arrange for that particular tape to meet with a little accident.

Another good kids’ videotape with no singing is “Iron Giant”. My kids positively love this movie. Even though I’ve probably seen it 150 times, I’m still not tired of that movie (well, not yet)

As for the small fee, I will pay it plus extra if you would do away with my childrens’ “Digimon: The First Movie” videotape too. I’m going to beat myself to death with a bat if I have to here the word “digivolved” one more time.

Definitely enjoy this while it (briefly) lasts.

While taking my 4-year-old to day-care, one morning, he asked why the police were parked with the big trucks along the road. I gave him the scaled down version of movable scales and legal road weights and he replied, “Dad, you know everything.” Now that he is pushing 12, I have a hard time getting him to acknowledge that I know how to open a door.

For a small fee? I’ll pay you to let me drive to your house and burn that little block of plastic. I hated that movie.

So THAT’s how Dad always knew how cartoons would end!

Oh, I am soo bummed! I need to be alone right now, to try and sort all this out.