My Mom is dead.

She passed away unexpectedly and I wasn’t there for her. She contracted the swine flu (there were no vacines in our area) and died within in 10 hours. She had suffered from kidney failure and had been on dialysis three times a week for the past year and I guess it was just too much for her. She was only 72. The family is devastated - especially my two young nephews who were both extremely close to her. The only comfort is that she went peacefully in her sleep. She and my father have been happily married for over 51 years and he’s going to be lost without her. I live over 1000 miles away and I won’t be able to be here to take care of him.

The funeral is tomorrow and apparently it was her last wish that I sing at it - she was very proud of my voice. It’s going to be the most difficult thing I’ve ever had to do. I’m frightened that I won’t be able to perform without breaking down and won’t be able to do her justice but I don’t want to let her and my dad down. While we had our differences, I loved her greatly and am going to miss her dreadfully.

I’m so sorry to hear about your loss. Don’t beat yourself up about not being there for her, by the sounds of it, she was very proud of you and loved you and knew she was loved back.

(((((((((((((((((((((Surly)))))))))))))))))))))))

I am sorry to hear of your loss. Nothing I can say can make this difficult time easier for you, but know that you are in my thoughts.

SurlyChick, I am so sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

How sad. My condolences to you and your family. Wishing you peace.

I am sorry for your loss.

I can’t even imagine what you must be feeling. I’m sorry you lost your mama. :frowning:

Very, very sorry to hear this, Surly – my condolences to you and you family.

I’m so sorry. I hope that happy memories of your Mom comfort you in the days ahead.

I am so very sorry. My condolences to you and your family. (((hugs)))

That is really too bad. I’m sorry to hear about it.

I’m so sorry for your loss. You and everyone who loved her are in my thoughts and prayers.

Good luck and Godspeed, Surly. Hopefully the silver lining that’s evident in all things becomes evident to you.

I am sorry for your loss.

:frowning:

I’m so sorry, Surly. If you’re worried about not being able to perform, you might want to arrange a recording of you singing as backup. I’ve seen that done with speeches at funerals when the speaker didn’t think they’d be able to get the words out.

My deepest sympathies. She will always live on in your heart.

My sympathies. It’s hard to be far away from the ones we love, when all you want is to be with them.

I’m sure however you sing, it will be a blessing.

:frowning:

Words fail me at times like these.

My utmost sympathies for you and your family.

Oh, man. My condolences as well, Surly Chick. I had to sing at my grandmother’s funeral as well (her request) and in my 45 years of living, it’s the most difficult thing I’ve ever done. But you are bringing so much honor to your mom and her memory by doing what she requested. The backup recording is not a bad idea, either.

Godspeed, and you and your family are in my prayers.

I’m so sorry, Surly.