My new .sig file

Any guesses on what it means?

<i>Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis ad capul tuum saxum immane mittam.</i>

Okay… Take 2…

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis ad capul tuum saxum immane mittam.

being new to all this… im almost afraid to ask LOL… but most interested in finding out

First part sez: “I have a slingshot.”

If you’re hot, that’s good.
If you’re cool, that’s good.

I don’t get it.

“I have a catapult. Give me all your money or I will fling a large rock at your head.”…or something of the sort.

“Happiness is nonetheless true happiness because it must come to an end, nor do thought and love lose their value because they are not everlasting.”

• Bertrand Russell

Quiquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.

:slight_smile:

“Happiness is nonetheless true happiness because it must come to an end, nor do thought and love lose their value because they are not everlasting.”

• Bertrand Russell

“I have a catapult. I never feel well the day after, so I take Tums, have sex and wear immature mittens.”

Hmmm…

Something about launching money. throwing rocks, being monstrous? Haven’t a clue.

Dang, you’re right, Flora. Athough I believe saxum is more properly translated as “have sex with saxophones” rather than just “have sex”.

• Bertrand Russell

Wish I paid more attention in Latino class.

If you’re hot, that’s good.
If you’re cool, that’s good.

I don’t get it.

It says, loosely: “All hail Cecil! Read his column! Buy his books! Click on the SDMB Banner Ads!”

Non pecuniam habeo. Amabo te, Satanas, accipe potius corpus meum …

Whatever it sais, change it back. Your old sig was the best on the board, honestly.

Though I might wanna consider replacing mine with a Latin one:

“Varium et mutabile semper femina est”

Free beers for the first who… you know the drill.

Coldfire

“You know how complex women are”

• Neil Peart, Rush (1993)

It’s too late, Coldfire.
He can’t change it back.

Yer pal,
Wally

I hurt my head really hard falling off my chair just now, dear Wally :wink:

Coldfire

“You know how complex women are”

• Neil Peart, Rush (1993)

Coldfire, my stomach aches from laughing at Wally’s post too. Can’t we sue him for lots of money? (ooops, I don’t live in America…)

Well, I AM going to change it back - Wally, my copyright did not lapse, and I will be having my attourney contact yours with the cease & desist order.

Some of you pretty much nailed it. The translation I got was:

“I have a catapult. Give me all the money or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.”