My wild and crazy life

It’s a little after 8:30 on a Friday night, the Demitasse (age 4) is fast asleep, having barricaded herself in her bedroom, and someone is parked in front of my house, BLASTING Frank Sinatra on his car stereo.

I just got done working on some homework, my husband is watching TV, and the dog is chewing on her bone. I’m going back and forth between surfing the net and putting donations on the front porch for Purple Heart.

One kid in on the phone and the other is probably smudging up the screen of my laptop. He seems to be physically incapable of keeping his fingers off of the screen. They’re both upstairs.

Woo hoo!

I had waffles and bacon for dinner. It was so good! Mmmm, bacon.:slight_smile:

This is about as ordinary of an evening as you could ever imagine. I wouldn’t have it any other way.

My husband and I are watching Godzilla, Mothra, and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack on DVD, while eating burritos, drinking beer, and playing World of Warcraft. Woot!

We are drinking boxed wine and cappucinos, watching hulu, and doping. I think this is a great way to spend Friday night, my love is wanting more excitement.

It’s about 8:15 Saturday morning here, and our day is just starting. Having coffee. I’m doping on the PC and listening to the news on BBC TV. The wife is working on her laptop. We’ll go out to see Body of Lies, which just opened. Have our hair cut. I have a doctor’s appointment at 7:15 tonight for a follow-up to my shoulder surgery.

I’m sneaking the Dope at work and contemplating bugs that will make me scream if they come back one more time.

When I go home (my day tends to slot into “swing”), I’ll sack out on the couch with a laptop and (hopefully) a cat on my chest. The cat weighs more than the laptop and is not transparent, so she doesn’t get to sit under my chin.

Wild and crazy, that’s me.

Sitting at home and finally fixed my Dads computer (over the phone).

Feels good.

Need another beer.

I’m finding out exactly how boring ghost hunting really is.

Sitting on the couch next to Mrs. Fresh watching Infernal Affairs. Not in the best of moods, because in the next room over is a letter from the gummint telling me that I need to submit more info for my passport application. We’ll be in bed by 10:00.

I’m cooking dinner out of a box. Surfing the Dope. Listening to the cat get it’s ass kicked, and kicking ass - whatever - outside. Gonna watch some TV as soon as the food is done.

Patronizing the SO: “I have a financial crisis! My wallet was stolen! I already called the police, they’re coming over tonight. Can I borrow some money?
Oh, here’s my wallet, guess I didn’t lose it.”

Pretty normal around here.

Just won another game of Scrabble (I’ve won 8 of the last 10 after a bad losing streak). Watched “The Ex List” and am doing one last lap around the Dope before I go to bed.

Himself is editing, so I’m at home obsessively watching Bones and I’ve eaten, no lie, half a pound of sliced turkey. WTF? This running thing is making me hungry! I have two kitties asleep on me and have drunk a beer and two glasses of wine.

It’s Friday night and I’m wondering if 7:30 is too early to go to bed. This week I took my winter comforter to the laundromat and put satin sheets on my bed. Ahhhh. It’s probably* too * comfortable, because I want to be in it all the time now.

My wild and crazy life…well, there was the “marriage” to the insane redneck with a long record that included murder and the whole thing almost ended in another murder and then there was the affair with the borderline retarded dealer and the death threats from his wife and then there was the good Christian boy who always went to church Sunday morning, but on Saturday night, he was something else, and there was the guy who told me he was the leader of all the gangs in town so I tried to stand him down by telling him I was in a gang too, and I thought it might be called Baader Meinhof…

Wait, you all meant how am I spending Friday evening? I’m just sitting here with my cockatiel on my shoulder, though the bird is starting to look a bit nervous.

I made sauteed chicken breast tenderloins and Rice-a-Roni for dinner for the Princess and me. My parents are at the ballet with some friends, and little bro just got home from work (he’s living with us while he plans his move to Boston early next year). The Princess is watching Disney channel, and I plan to do a load of laundry and wrap my nephew’s birthday gift for his party tomorrow.

I played WoW on Oakhorn, my Doperguild Druid. Got two levels tonight (17 now, RAWR!), did the quests for aquatic form and cure poison spell.