Mythbusters 7/27

I have to say I really enjoyed this episode. Not so much because of the subject, but because they spent the whole episode on one thing, building up to the big final shot, and especially because it focused on Adam and Jamie, and the build team didn’t show up until the last 20 minutes. Even then they were mostly in the background. Lately the mythbuilders (especially Tory and Kari) have been getting on my nerves.

It was like the good old days of the rocket-powered car. I hope the trend continues.

I don’t know. While I liked the idea of an entire episode devoted to just one myth, I didn’t get near enough Kari. Damn she’s hot. Give her her own show!

Or give her to me. Either way. :slight_smile:

Kari can get on my nerves any time.

Where the hell did that myth come from? Are they resorting to making them up just to set up fun episodes now?

I wonder if they even know how hot Kari is. Scotty would be too if not for the tattoos.

What was the myth they busted-or-not last night? I missed the ep. :confused:

<insert obligitory “Kari is hot!” comment here>

Yeah, she’s unbelievable. She’s on my frrebie list - if we meet, I can have sex with her without my wife getting mad.

Which brings up a question - what happened to Scottie? I thought that, after Jamie and Adam, she was the best all-around talent on the show. Really sharp and able to build some great stuff - and sorta hot, also.

Every time I see the show, I miss living in San Fran :frowning:

George

The myth was that entire families of illegal immigrants were being secretly catapulted over the border to land on mattresses.

The myth was that there is a slingshot that shoots illegal immigrants 200 yards across the US border. Being PC San Fran oat bran liberals, much like myself, they said it was CANADA’s border being crossed, not the Mexican border :rolleyes:

George

The myth was that Canadian illegal immigrants are being launched by a giant slingshot for over 200 yards from one side of the border to the other onto a waiting matress. They started with a smaller model slingshot and built up to one made from dozens of pieces of 40 ft. long surgical rubber tubing attached to 2 very tall radio towers.

They also included a lot of rather cool footage of human cannonballs.

I believe each member of the crew have day jobs. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Right, but, unless I’m mistaken, I haven’t seen Scotty all season…

George

They’re very well aware of how hot Kari is. That’s why she was the one in a bikini and silver body paint for the “Goldfinger” episode. Yes, they put Adam in gold paint for the ladies, but I suspect the effect just wasn’t the same.

She made her debut in the “Vacuum Toilet” episode where they made a 3D model of her backside, complete in a fleshtone bodystocking. There’s a screencap floating around if you don’t want to spend the cash on the DVD set (the only sites I’ve seen it on are NSFW).

Scotti left the show because she was tired of the hours she was putting in, not in-show mention was made of it AFAIK. Too bad, she made some really amazing stuff.

Well, Duh! :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s really too bad. :frowning: Understandable, but a shame.

George

That’s got to be the dumbest “myth” I’ve ever heard. I’m afraid our fears are correct: they have run out of actual myths to bust and are now making them up. Which kind of takes the fun out of it.

Or maybe not . . .

Okay, I want to see an episode where they try to bust the myth that you can catapult a naked Kari 200 feet over the Canadian border and onto a giant mattress. If I recall the myth correctly, the mattress is covered in rose petals. And I am on it.

I’m sorry, but that’s the moth asinine “myth” to date. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I’ve been disturbed by all the clip shows and behind-the-scenes shows this season. Some have been VERY interesting, but it doesn’t bode well for the future of the show… “And now, MYTHBUSTERS! With 36.5% all-new content!” :frowning:

George

I agree that the myth was pretty stupid, but they still made an entertaining show out of it. The potential for disaster was always looming, and the backfiring slingshot made for some exciting moments. I also enjoyed the part where Adam was trying to drill out the bowling ball and almost lost control of the thing (Adam reminds me of my younger brother–make of that what you will).

I don’t think they ever thought for a minute that they’d get anywhere near 200 yards, of course.

The show was alright…not one of the best ones. I’d really rather see them do several myths at once though. And more Kari is never a bad thing.

I never heard of this myth either, and when they mentioned Canada I knew full well they made it up. Come on, we all know which US border has people sneaking across. :rolleyes:

Still a good show though, didn’t you always want to turn a goalpost into a bowling ball launcher? I know I did. And why test the previous one in a parking lot? Were they hoping for something to put on the blooper reel? Oh shit, does my insurance agent watch this show?

Is Jamie the only one who hasn’t been injured on the show? Scottie and Kari have both been splashed, and Tory has landed on his butt a few times. Adam’s aborted Darwin Award attempts are legion.

:eek: I just saw the clip and wow, is it well worth looking for, not work safe though. I’d post a direct link to it, but (hehe) I’m not sure if its kosher (the cap is of a very realistic, very nude dummy assuming the position over a stool). If your google-fu is moderate you will be well rewarded.