Mythbusters 7/27

For all the Kari lovers, Adam is dating her… FWIW.

Lucky bastard.

Good job on the weird geek gettin’ the hottie, though. Go Adam!

You have proof of that? Adam’s married with two kids so I’m sure his wife would pay top dollar for that information. :wally

Maybe he married Kari?

Hey, on the subject of Mythbusters, someone told me a while back that Mythbusters did a show about whether or not a Zippo lighter could stop a bullet. They mentioned that the show tested it by shooting the lighter at point-blank range with a .357 Magnun :eek: but someone else told me they tested it with a .22LR rifle round.

Can anyone tell me how they tested the theory, and how it turned out? It’s vital that I know this before I continue on my Zippo Body Armor project. :smiley:

Looks like it stems from a story from the weekly world news from 2004: http://www.weeklyworldnews.com/features/politics/61656

Further review of the clip and blood returning to where it normally is shows that that the screencap is Kari in a flesh toned body stocking. :eek:

I suppose I could have carefully read Cynical’s first post, but my brain shut down at “3D model of her backside.”

Raguleader, I never saw that one, but I did see the one about diving underwater to avoid gunfire, which, to my amazment, was confirmed. The energy of the bullet is wasted passing through the water. Good to know.

Well, if they’re getting their ideas from the Weekly World News, I expect them to start looking for Bat Boy one of these weeks.

It was my understanding that Canadians make up the single largest group of illegal aliens in California. Of course, I heard that years and years ago, and it may have been wrong then, and how hard is it to sneak across the Canadian border anyway?

Thank God for no build team. They are unfunny and obnoxious. Kari is not hot. She has a grating voice and whiny attitude and I don’t think I could stand to be in the same room with her for five minutes. The show needs to ditch the build team and stick with Adam and Jamie for the whole hour to be watchable again.

You are no longer my friend. :frowning:

Like the rest of you, I cant stop staring at Kari and would give anything to see those big cans.

But that show drags on way too much and its obvious that Kari is on there just to keep the horny guys from channel surfing. There’s too much tinkering. It shoud be a 30 minute show.

The myths are getting pretty contrived. Who would ever believe that Canadians would catapult themselves over the border. I mean, wouldn’t be the other way around?

Do you mean Americans escaping to Canada via catapult, or Americans catapulting them damn Canadians back where they came from? :stuck_out_tongue:

That show was great. I don’t care if they’re real myths or not, that’s not the fun part of the show.

I do wonder how they convince these schools to let them use their facilities. Like I figure there was a 50/50 chance they would have destroyed the goalposts, and the other week they were firing bullets into a pool which didn’t cause damage but sure sounds like it would’ve.

SmackFu, what happened with the bullets in the pool?

I had an argument about this topic a few years ago with someone. He said that the D-Day scene in Saving Private Ryan was not realistic because bullets would travel only about 2 feet in water and would certainly not kill anyone.

Soylent, the guy was right. they fired a .50 cal cannon (ok it was just a really frigin HUGE gun) and it didnt even make it 3 feet.

Actually, the higher power bullets had so much energy that when they hit the water they immediately broke up into tiny pieces. Adam was gathering up handfuls of shrapnel off the bottom of the pool.

I’d put this in spoilers, but… nah.

Apparently the speed of a bullet is extremely important- but it’s pretty much the reverse of what I thought would happen. The faster the bullet, the shorter the distance it’ll go into the water. The bullets in Saving Private Ryan would’ve gone about eight feet into the water- so, yes, if you’re under about two feet of water, and they’re shooting at you from any appreciable angle, you’d be pretty safe.

The high velocity bullets appear to explode on impact with the water.

Gotta disagree! The recent ‘Shark Week’ episode was one of the best ever, IMO. But then I grew up watching ‘Jaws’ over and over. :smiley:

It was alright, but two hours of it? A bit long for my tastes.

Okay, someone’s going to have to offer links so I can judge for myself whether this Kari person is hot.