NanoByte, you dumbwit

In the thread about your mouse clicking problems in “About this Message board” you make a reference to “buck passing tech support” and say we “have a place above doctors and lawyers, in the slime”

yet later on in the thread you say that the problem dissapeared when the admin fixed the problem.

Dosent sound like buck passing tech support to me.

The problem is with Netscape dealing with UBB, not the UUB dealing with Netscape. Seems pretty obvious that the did what they could to help you.

I work in tech support. I deal with people like you everyday. Something goes wrong, blame tech support.
You spill coffee on your keyboard, blame Tech support for not coming out quicker to fix it.

So on behalf of all the Buck-passing tech support, Bone Idle Doctors (see the thread) and slime ridden lawyers who obviously up to your level of intellegence, I have 2 words.
Bite me

J
“We should have as high a regard for the church so as to keep it out of as many things as possible”

Fluther Good -the Shadow of a Gunman.
Sean O’Casey

Not every company has good tech support. And just because someone is in tech support doesn’t mean he or she knows what they’re doing. At my last company, we had a two person tech support staff. One of them was related to a biggie in the company. Guess how he got his job (and it showed. He tried to tell one of the associates that Freelance couldn’t run in windows. Never mind the fact that everyone else could run it on their computers in windows.)

Where I am now the tech support is pretty good, if you can get past the person on the help desk (sometimes messages don’t get through). When they do get them, they address the problem quickly. I love good tech support. Now if I could only get the table back into my boss’s office that’s been missing for 6 months!

Bitch by Birth

Take a look at these threads.
www.straightdope.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000613.html
www.straightdope.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/005633.html

NanoByte is going straight into my “Coventry” list. Thank you for playing, good night.

Oh, and to quote my esteemed hero, WallyM7:
Putz.

JMCJ

This is not a sig.

Cleosia,

I didnt mean to emply that we are all brilliant, its just that I work hard at my job and I like to think I do a good job. So when NannoBytemyass makes broad sweeping statements about my profession “having a place reserved in the slime near Doctors and Lawyers” (paraphrased)
Forgive me if I want to defend myself.

I understand your point. If you cant walk the walk, dont talk the talk. It sucks to be left talking to a slack jawed yokel who thinks he knows what he’s doing, so I can understand why people can be angry at tech support. But I took exception to NannoByteMyAss 's comments, and started this thread. So if he’s reading this,

“come on down the price is right, Bitch”

J
“We should have as high a regard for the church so as to keep it out of as many things as possible”

Sean O’Casey

Read his final post ino this thread. I think he might be a bit … er … unhinged.

Funny…

Right now, I do something similar to tech support for a living.

I’m taking the LSAT in June.

I guess that makes me double-slime.

Um, John Larrigan? You got a problem hanging around with us doctors (MajorMD) and lawyers (me)? :wink:

-Melin

Siamese attack puppet – California

Still neglecting and overprotecting my children

melin,
Of course I dont mind being knee-deep in the slime with you doctors and lawyers!!!
Does that make me a siamemse attack puppet triplet? I reckon, if nanobyte ever posts in this thread we could take him!!

btw, did you get my email?

J

Sean O’Casey

I’ve found that if you convert his posts to another language and then back to english they’re much easier to read.

Oooo! A third for the Siamese attack puppets – now we’re goin’ international!

I did get your email and will write back this weekend – thanks! ::waves and blows a kiss::

-Melin

I HAD to click on that link. I’ve got a monster headache now, and it’s all TomH’s fault.

Lynn

If it’s helpful, I’ll compare everyone to Hitler so we can get this
over with as soon as possible.

You know that, right now, he’s working on the 18th draft of what’s sure to be the single longest post ever written. After he finishes it, he’ll need to run it through his Panasonic PowerPlus Obfuscator 2000. Then he’ll post it, in serial form, over the next three weeks.

Nano seems like a nice person, but it’s hard to tell with all of the words in the way.

I vote we give Nano a break. Remember, he’s a lot older than most of the rest of us and has plenty of time on his hands.

Maybe we should just shout, “HEY, NANO! YOUR POSTS ARE TOO LONG AND DON’T MAKE VERY MUCH SENSE! PLEASE TIGHTEN UP YOUR WRITING STYLE! THEN MAYBE WE’LL UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY!”

And we might learn something from him if he did.

Heh. Check the “Judges/Lawyers” thread in GQ. His latest manifesto makes me think that he’s got way too much time on his hands. If retirement isn’t agreeing with you, Nano, why don’t you try volunteering, or maybe get a part-time job at McDonalds or something… I’m sure the drive-thru customers would be thrilled to hear your opinions over that tinny speaker. Really. Lunch AND access to your genius! What a gift you’d be giving to your community, hmm? I mean, get out there and spread the word! We’d be selfish not to tell you to share your wisdom with the world! Send us a postcard.*

Jesus Christ. I read that whole thing and there was NO punchline! I deserve a t-shirt or something. Perhaps a lovely “I Read Nanobyte’s Post and I Expect to Regain My Will to Live Any Day Now” coffee mug is in order.

*maximum two paragraphs

“I’ll tell you a secret, baby - maybe you can’t do better - gotta settle for second best” - the Judybats

Thank god!! I’m not the only one who hates NanoBrain’s posts.

Nah, John. You’re just one of the few that hasn’t lapsed into a coma. We’re becoming the teeming thousands…

“I’ll tell you a secret, baby - maybe you can’t do better - gotta settle for second best” - the Judybats

I gto through Ulysses easier than his posts

J
Attemptedmurder? pah, you dont get the Nobel Prize for Attempted Chemisty”
Homer Simpson

No offense John, but Homer didn’t say this. Sideshow Bob said it in the episode were he ran for mayor of Springfield.

pat

PS:
Unless of course they used that joke more than once and Homer said it as well, then I would look pretty dumb.

Pat, I think youre right,
So the sig is altered, until a time when I can find Homer saying this
Cheers,
J

J
Attemptedmurder? pah, you dont get the Nobel Prize for Attempted Chemisty”
Sideshow Bob

I just saw nano retarded Peanuts post in GQ, my first thought was to come over here so i could politely say :

nano nano Mork-boy, go back to Ork with that idiotic nanosense. Freakin moron.

Thanks I am feeling much better now.

:smiley: