Nashvegas Dopefest in April?

Since we plan on going to the renfaire anyway, that sounds like a plan, Tuckerfan. By the by – you feelin’ better?

As long as I don’t have to dress in garb.

StG

Given your username, I would have expected you to have the opposite reaction.

Maybe, but my wife probably won’t want to be left with the kids, so I’d have to bring them, and she may not want to go, because … she thinks you’re all weird.

You’ll notice no one is refuting your wife’s assertion.

I’m sorry, Tuck, that date is out for me. I’ll catch the next Nashvegas Dopefest.

I’m out.

Dad just got taken to the hospital with breathing troubles.

That’s not a really good date for me either…

…and Bosda, I hope that your dad gets to feeling better.

Well, let’s see, would it be better if we rolled it back to the 26th? Or would May 10th be better for folks? If we went to the 10th, we could still meet up at the Renfest.

Works for me.

That works too…

Oohh, I’m out. A childhood spent being dragged to Renfests has left me spiritually allergic.

Don’t plan it around me, though; to be honest, my current situation doesn’t let me schedule out-of-town trips with 100% certainty anyway.

To be quite honest, anytime in May before the eighteenth is iffy for me…big project at work with some weekends involved.

Well, hows about May 24th, then? And let’s hear some thoughts on the locations, folks. I’m not married to any place, so feel free to suggest something.

In deference to the Rutherford/Sumner/Wilson group, I like Eastern Davidson as a westernmost place to try for.

Long Hunter or Cedars of Lebanon State Parks have picnic shelters in case of weird weather and they’re private enough we wouldn’t have to scream for the person next to us to hear, and maybe there could even be some group conversations (or even games) in such a setting. I don’t know how far out, if at all, reservations can be made for the shelters.

Just remember that late May can be warmish. :wink:

Cedars has camp spots as well as cabins for rent for anyone who might want to make a weekend of it. Tennessee State Government - TN.gov

24 May sounds good to me…

:: bump::

Have we come to any kind of a concensus as far as a date and place yet?

Works for me, too. How’s about everyone else?

Sounds good to me. Can I bring a couple dogs?

StG

IIRC, we’ve taken dogs there. They have to be vaccinated and leashed (not a problem for you, most likely :slight_smile: ) They also have horses for hire. They may or may not allow you to bring your own. Sounds like fun!

Update: Yes, dogs are allowed. They have to be tagged and leashed. I will likely have my nephew-dog with me as I’m dogsitting that weekend.

Well, speak up, folks. I lose my posting ability at midnight (when I turn back into a pumpkin) so someone other than me is going to have to keep this thread going.

Do we have a time yet?
](doing my best to keep it on the board where you have access, Tuckerfan)[/SIZE]