My understanding is that she didn’t have one for a long time; this Guardian article indicates that she refused to submit the forms, but I’m guessing that Trump and his sycophants didn’t bother to purse the matter. Regardless, in recent weeks, when her role became much more visible, and both the White House counsel and Trump got involved, did the application get submitted, and approved.
She certainly wouldn’t be the first. Wives of rich and powerful mean have had this attitude since the dawn of history.
It would take a lot more than 150,000 or me to follow that that pig around. Although it seems as though she likes it. ewwwwww!!!
Regarding the $150,000 that Natalie Harp was being paid, my understanding is that many high-level government jobs don’t pay nearly as much as they might earn in a private sector job. So that someone appointed to Attorney General or the federal judiciary might be giving up a more lucrative law firm partnership. Similarly, someone who leaves a high-level position can get more money elsewhere. Eric Holder, the attorney general under President Obama, for example, is senior counsel at Covington & Burling LLP. I would not be surprised if his salary is north of a million dollars a year.
So any normal person appointed to a high-level White House role might be able to move onto a private sector position paying much more. (Of course in part this is due to their ability to bend the ear of those in power.)
That applies only to people who are qualified for their jobs. Others end up on Faux News and the like.
I’m not sure the “human printer” is even qualified to appear on Faux News.
I think you can bet the ranch on that.
She’s blonde and reasonably attractive. She’s perfect for Faux. Given the vituperous outcry at Ossoff’s bland dig, I’d guess she resides in many a MAGA spankbank.
So it’s illegal for federal employees to accept cash payments in addition to their salaries. Yet she will never be prosecuted or investigated for this because one party has decided that rules no longer apply. Even a change in party control will not mean a damn thing as she is positively assured of a pardon near the end of the this lawless administration.
She was previously an anchor on One America News Network (OAN):
Ewww ![]()
:Raises hand: A toxic one, for sure. But yeah, if you had a Dad who was single in the 80’s, it was a conversation, and I imagine it probably still is. One of my high school friends went home for Summer break to find his Dad had moved in a girlfriend only a year older than he was (so 18).
I always think of binky as coming from “blanky” or “blanket.” but it can be any comforting object.
As for Natalie’s salary, it’s not at all unusual for an executive assistant in downtown DC. A safe 1br apartment costs $2,400 a month, and she needs to be close to the WH, so probably more like $3k. She can’t just move in to the residence, she has to maintain an apt. downtown.
Can’t she just live in the locker room?
There’s a fair amount of space under the desk in the O.O. Move in there like George Costanza did.
There was one desk with a door in front that JFK Jr. was shown playing in. That would be perfect.
A friend pointed out that $150k is not unheard of in DC for a nanny to a special needs child. Probably a better comparison. ![]()
Imagine changing his diaper.
I’m so sorry I made you all think of that…
When I’m at work and my job sucks I imagine changing Trump’s diaper instead, and every time I feel much better about my job.
Oh god, I’m doomed to think of this now. Thanks.