Natalie Harp - uh, what is going on?

Trump, who likes negative attention, said this on the Howard Stern show in 1999.

Maybe Trump was honest that time. Maybe not.

Trump, when asked what he had in common with Ivanka, answered, “sex”.

WHA? WTF was that supposed to mean?

On second thought, don’t tell me… :nauseated_face:

@DWMarch I saw what you did there. Well played!

Sure it wasn’t that he wouldn’t keep…younger than her?

Back to Natalie: this site may not be as respectable as I would like, so the link is to a Bluesky post about it rather than to the site itself. The theory seems fairly plausible:

The NYT’s Maggie Haberman has said that Natalie is Donald’s binky (comfort blanket). Seems pretty accurate.

I would say so. We first heard of Natalie as the lady who follows him around, printing and showing him articles and tweets favorable to Trump.

Yes, which does (of course) feed and support his ego. But apparently it goes further, with Donald needing to see approval on the faces around him for everything he says and does. And Natalie is the first face he looks to.

Donald is infamously an emotional black hole. If not supported every second with smiles of approval, he can’t function. (And wouldn’t we all be better off!)

I always thought that a binky was a pacifier.

Widen your scope.

A binky most commonly refers to a baby’s pacifier, a happy leaping jump performed by a rabbit, or a comforting security object for a child.

Not to mention Death’s horse.

And thanks. I come here to have my scope widened.

This part might be new [bolding mine]:

Natalie Harp, the president’s favorite White House aide who earns $150,000 a year as an executive assistant, is widely credited with assisting Trump’s social media output.

Daily Beast - likely paywalled

Buck-and-a-half, huh? I don’t think I would have guessed (anywhere near) that high.

It’s not his (i.e. Trump’s) money being spent paying her salary, so why would he care?

It always has been in my world.

Plus a $45,000 (likely illegal) bonus last year!

Gift link:
https://wapo.st/4xM3pq0

That’s a pretty expensive umm… evening.

Innovative positions, no doubt.

He paid that much to Stormy for 1 NDA.

If nothing else… his negotiating skills have improved with age.

I would have thought refusing to get a security clearance would be the same as a resignation. How she would be allowed by the SS to run around the WH without one is curious.