National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation Marathon

on AMC today.

I never realized that Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory, Roseanne) was Rusty in this movie until I saw the credits.

I’ve seen recent repeats of Roseanne when Galecki is not much older than he is in this movie. But I cannot see a resemblance.

This website has still picture of Rusty Griswald. IMO, Rusty does not look like David Healy (or Leonard on TBBT for that matter.

It’s “Griswold”. Or “Greaseball”, as Mr. Shirley calls him. The only problem with AMC is that they edit the films for cuss words, which are some of the best lines in the movie.

So, you about ready to do some kissin’.

Couldn’t agree more! I was pissed when the interaction between the underwear saleswoman and Clark ended with her saying “Well, that’s my name,” instead of Clark saying, “No shit!”

Another one is at the end of the movie. It should be “Danny **Fuckin **Kaye”!

I was amazed how many of the actor/actresses that I recognized. It was like they took every character actors in their 60’s that I knew, and gave them a part in the movie.

As I have sometimes mentioned, I co-host a monthly movie at church. This one was a hard sell with my partner. I even had to say, “Don’t think of it as a ‘National Lampoon’ movie, but as a ‘John Hughes’ movie.” I felt vindicated when 70-something Myrna (yes, her real name) said, “This will be the third time I’ve seen it this month.” That was two weeks ago. She’s probably seen it a few times more. It was even funnier than I remembered it being.

I was sad to find that Randy Quaid has turned into Cousin Eddie’s evil twin. :frowning:

ETA: For my sins, next month is “Miss Potter” with (shudder) Renee Zellwegger. And my mind has blanked on my punishment in February.

For as awesome as Cousin Eddie is, the stars of this movie are Uncle Lewis and Aunt Bethany.

Lewis:

“Hey Gris, if you’re not doing anything constructive, run into the living room and get my stogey.”

Bethany:

“Is your house on fire Clark?”
“It isn’t everyday someone moves in to a new house.”
“Grace? She died over thirty years ago.”

She was Olive Oyl and Betty Boop!

“You couldn’t hear a dump truck slamming into a nitroglycerin plant.”

Isn’t that Juliette Lewis as Clark’s daughter?

Yes.

I’ve always been a big fan of:
“Hallelujah! Holy shit!”

How can one film constitute a marathon?

Showing it for 12 hours straight is a good start I think.

They showed it, back to back, 5 straight nights, where I live.

Merry Christmas! Shitter was full!

BEST.MOVIE.EVER.

I just scratch my head when I see Clark attaching the Christmas lights to his house with a staple gun, how the hell is he going to remove them after the holiday season?

I actually had never thought of that until I watched it this year.

Even worse was that he was stapling some directly to his shingles. He’s in for whole world of hurt when the snow melts or it rains.

is Rusty still in the Navy?

Or my favorite line, which I use each and every single time I call or skype my family:
I should say it? Hello everyone!! hellooo everyone!