NBA 2023/24 Season

The new season officially kicked off last night with the defending champion Nuggets blowing out the Lakers and the Suns in a squeaker over the aging Warriors. Very much looking forward to seeing my Magic play tonight as i feel we are being vastly underrated by everyone.

Any day the Lakers lose is a good day!

So many ex-Suns players in GS I had to look up when the announcers called their names just to see who scored!

I live in Virginia, so I don’t get to see my Pacers very often, but we opened the season at home against the Wizards so YAY I got to watch as we blew out Washington.

Well Orlando blew out Houston by 30, which doesn’t prove much since we have a much better team. That said we’ve both been rebuilding for basically the same amount of time so it is nice seeing how far ahead we are.

Lillard did not waste any time showing up for the Bucks, 39 8 and 4 in his debut on a 1 point win over the 76ers.

Mavs rookie center Dereck Lively II finished with 16 points and 10 rebounds on 7-of-8 shooting in 30 minutes of play in his debut. The last time a player had 15 points, 10 rebounds and shot over 80% in his debut was in 1963, according to ESPN.

Seems like the Mavs questionable tanking at the end of last season paid off.

It’s Game 1.

“Well, let’s not start [celebrating] just yet.”

–The Wolf, Pulp Fiction

Only he was a little more vulgar than that.

Came in to mention that. He looked to be in great shape right from the get-go. The fans were very happy to have him, especially when he suddenly lit up the 2nd quarter. I’ll probably root for the Bucks this year, as I like their lineup. The T-wolves might make the playoffs, but I have a soft spot for Lillard, having watched him since his start in the NBA with Portland. I’m glad he dumped them. Olshey made so many bad trades, it’s no wonder they couldn’t get a cohesive team put together. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if the Blazers cease to be a team before long.

From ClutchPoints on Facebook:

If you watched an earlier game on opening night, you saw a countdown to the Wemby debut in the corner of your screen. And if you watched the Wemby debut, you saw him sitting on the bench in foul trouble with his stat line still attached to the scoreboard.

It’s inevitable.

But no matter how bright the light shining on Wemby gets, we can’t let it dim the journeys of others.

Last night, another 7-footer made his debut on that same court. He outscored, out-rebounded and outplayed Wembanyama.

His name is Dereck Lively II< and his story is even crazier. Because while Wemby was driven by the hype, Lively was driven by the pain.

12 years ago, Wembanyama was just getting discovered in Paris. He was covering over 30 feet of distance with two dribbles and two steps at just 8 years old.

That same year, Lively’s life took a very different turn.

“I went to the edge of the stairs and peered down. I see my father black and blue, lifeless on the floor. My mom was over him with her phone in her hand screaming for help to 911. It was too late. He had overdosed on heroin. You never get over it. Whenever you go in the living room, you feel it. The spot where he was on the floor was darker and the rug was a little flatter.”

Dereck carried his father’s heavy name on his back all the way to the NBA. And as tragic as his story is, it prepared him for anything.

Last night, Lively came off the bench to play with Luka Doncic and Kyrie Irving. By halftime, Head Coach Jason Kidd made him the starter. And by the end of the game, it was clear the Mavs found something special.

16 points. 10 rebounds. 7-8 FG. 1 block. 1 steal. The W.

Lively’s career high at Duke was 13 points. Took him one game to break that number in the NBA.

Dallas needed a big man who can protect the rim and be that lob threat. Now they have one.

But for Dereck Lively II, he just needed an opportunity.

And now he has it.

Orlando is 2-0 baby! bit of an ugly game against a bad team, but a W is a W.

Anybody wanna guess who got called for a foul here?

Leave it to the Wizards to wait for the weakest draft class of the decade to decide to tank. They can’t even lose right!

James Harden has reportedly been traded to the Clippers.

Maybe he’s done wandering around the NBA? (Probably not.)

Can’t wait for the giant ego clash with Westbrook. Harden is such a pain in the ass. I don’t understand how he is still getting big bucks and why any coach would want him.

Funny they keep getting stuck together.

From all accounts they get along just fine.

Have they played on the same team before?

Yeah, for years on the Thunder with Durant.

Ah, right. I retract. But I’m sure he’ll find other ways to be a PITA.