Need a New Gaming Mouse

Argh, and by “the buttons by the mouse” I meant “the buttons by the scrollwheel.” :smack: The thumb buttons and scrollwheel button I can bind just fine in WoW, but the other three buttons appear to be currently locked into their default functions.

I just bought a Logitech G9X and it’s freaking awesome, if maybe not worth the $100.

That said, if you have the logitech SetPoint drivers and software installed, you can usually remap the buttons pretty well in that–I have found that the best strategy is to map them to something less esoteric (like “middle button” or as a function key) and then games can see them to remap them.

Yeah, with the drivers installed, it’s usually easy to remap buttons. I’m looking for a way to do it **without **the drivers, though, since a couple of people upthread advised against it due to compatability issues.

I hate mouse drivers. Pain in the ass. Some specialty buttons can’t be accessed without them, though. A compromise solution might be a third-party keymapper. I don’t know of any offhand, I’m afraid.

Well, without the drivers, I still have as many buttons as my previous mouse (and, better yet, all of these work consistently, and one of them is now more accessable). So I guess it comes down to, “Do I really care **that **much about being able to throw three more abilities or macros on my mouse?”

Eh, as the opposite point of view, I’ve never had a problem with the logitech drivers and I’ve been a logitech whore for many, many years now. SetPoint 2 is pretty nice for me.

The Logitech drivers, for me, tended to every so often make my computer think the CTRL key was down when playing a game. Odd, but I’m not the only one who it’s happened to.

I do have a tendency to be the only person that hated software works well and as-designed for. Witness also that I have no problems with SetPoint on Vista 64. =P

I’m running Vista 64, too. People who had Logitech driver issues, what was your OS?

Xp sp1-3.