Need help figuring out old Sc-Fi movie title

This has been bugging me for a while and I can’t seem to be able to figure it out all by my lonesome. Any help would be great.

The problem: I remember seeing a movie as a kid and parts of it have stuck with me. But for the life of me, I can’t remember the plot or the title of this old Sci-Fi movie.

What I do remember: It would probably have been made around the early 70’s or late 60’s. It was definitely B movie fare, and was in color.

As best as I can recall there was a mission to another planet (or a moon maybe). Crazy stuff starts happening to the crew. There is a scene where one guy on the planet falls through the surface into a small cave that is filled with little insect like creatures. There is also a scene where a crew member that is trying to rescue someone (or trying to be rescued) ends up spinning off into space. The only other thing I sort of remember is people trying to climb down a large opening that goes down into the depths of the planet. The planet itself is dark and barren, like the moon might be if it was filled with jagged rocks.

Does this ring a bell with anyone? I wish I could be more specific, but I think I was like 6 when I saw this. I would love to see it again so I knew what the heck it was about.

Sounds alot like “First Men in the Moon” from 1964. (except the spinning off into space part… Hmmmmm?)

Good Luck

No, that’s not it. Good guess though. I have actually seen that movie and it’s great.

The one I’m trying to find takes place “in the future”. Nifty space suits and all that. “First Men in the Moon” is based on a turn of the century visit.

Sounds a bit like The First Men in the Moon.

Actually, this reminds me of an episode of Space: 1999, but I’ll be doggone if I can remember which one.

Probably not what you’re looking for, anyway.

It might be First Spaceship on Venus, which has a cave full of insect things. It was made in 1959, and has some things to rcommend it (multiracial, international crew with both men and women), but they also did a good number on it when it showed up on MST3K (“This is the day the Teddy Bears go to Venus”)

Made in color, too.

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0053250

Thank you CalMeacham! That’s the movie. And I found you can order the DVD at Amazon.com. Can’t beat that with a stick!

Thanks again, I owe you.